skip nav

BITE user comments - wumpscut

Comments by wumpscut

The Speaker, Westminster

The Speaker – I found this pub my accident and want it to be my default watering hole whenever I am in London. The night I found it, it was pack, no place to move or stand. I walked in and the suits look at me like I was from mars but the beer was perfect, real authentic British ale, properly prepared and properly served, I died and went to beer heaven. Next time I visit this little gem and there will be a next time I will try the grub. The service... perfect, the staff... pleasant.

12 Dec 2007 19:41

The Compton Arms, Islington

The Compton Arms – I love this place they get full marks, the beer was real and fantastic, the service... wonderful, customers… friendly, this is a real pub, an authentic pub filled with authentic gooners.

12 Dec 2007 19:23

The Ship Inn, Noss Mayo

The Ship Inn – Wow! What can I say about this place it’s the best ever, the best Real British Ale local to the region, Real British Food from Devon farms, Location, Location (on the water), good customer service, a welcoming environment and a Home away from Home. This pub recently changed owner and I am happy to say the new owner did not change much, he did not have to. I love everything about this place.

10 Dec 2007 16:55

The Ship Inn, Noss Mayo

10 Dec 2007 16:54

Bar Ha Ha, Kingston Upon Thames

Bar Ha Ha – This is not my idea of a pub but the food was good (lunch), I asked for something that was not on the menu and the staff had a no-problem attitude. Good customer service but very poor beer selection. For this place its all about location, location the view was good and relaxing.

10 Dec 2007 16:26

The Druid's Head, Kingston Upon Thames

The Druid's Head – This is a very nice pub, with wonderful staff and good ale. This pub scores big with me, good customer service, a welcoming environment, a home away from home with good ale.

10 Dec 2007 16:18

Bar Malden, New Malden

Bar Malden is not my idea of the authentic British Pub but I walked through the doors and was greeted with the biggest smile and a hearty welcome, I was served by a pleasant staff, a truly welcoming environment being near the train station is a added plus. The ale was ok not the best but for customer services the score big with me.

10 Dec 2007 16:10

The Royal Oak, New Malden

My hobby is to visit the UK in search of the best ale in the best pubs, I am looking for that authentic British Pub, with authentic British food and authentic British Real Ale is a must. The Royal Oak looks the part but looks are deceiving, the first thing I must say about this place is that the service is the worst I have ever experienced. Running a pub is a business and part of that business must be customer service, a pub must be a welcoming environment, a home away from home. The Royal Oak does not provide customer service the royal oak is not a welcoming environment nor is it a home away from home. It is a depressing environment, with depressing, rude staff and customers who are totally without manners. I work hard for my money and I am very particular about whom I give it to this is one establishment I will never set foot in again unless it changes owner and staff. The ale however was just ok, because of the poor service and attitude I decided not to eat from these people.

10 Dec 2007 15:57