Turners Old Star, Wapping - pub details

Turners Old Star

Address: 14 Watts Street, London, E1W 2QG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6986) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Wapping (0.2 miles), Rotherhithe (0.5 miles), Rotherithe (0.5 miles)

Nearest DLR stations Shadwell (0.5 miles), Tower Gateway (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Fenchurch Street (1 mile), Limehouse (1 mile), South Bermondsey (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 27 users)

White Swan and Cuckoo, Wapping (0.1 miles), Captain Kidd, Wapping (0.2 miles), Town of Ramsgate, Wapping (0.2 miles), St Georges Tavern (The Caxton), Wapping (0.3 miles), Angel, Rotherhithe (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Turners Old Star, Wapping

I'd been to a number of pubs in Wapping, which I always find to be one of the most characterful areas of London. But this was my first visit to this pub yesterday. The rugby was on and many of the local pubs were packed. This small single room bar was not quite so busy. So I even managed to secure a table. Two ales were on - the house beer Old Star Special from Elgoods & Fullers London Pride. I tried the Special which was fine. A couple of TVs were showing the rugby and at one end of the bar is a pool table. Not a bad pub at all. But I think there are better ones in Wapping in my opinion.
blue_scrumpy - 11 Oct 2015 21:48
Visited on a Saturday lunchtime on route to football at Upton Park. I had the Elgoods which was most enjoyable. We were first customers of the day, lovely sunny day so we sat in the garden. Pub was filling up as we left and before Tottenham got stuck into Man City which was on the screens but not the space wasn't dominated by them. Friendly landlord. Definitely worth a visit if in Wapping for a few.
Iceni_Explorer - 27 Sep 2015 17:41
I'll be frank - didn't look too promising from the outside and first impression when entering wasn't great. My first impressions were wrong. Basic boozer but very friendly and welcoming. Barlady couldn't have been more friendly. Nice change from some of the busier, better know pubs on the river.
nmckenn - 1 Aug 2015 09:12
3rd pub of the evening and yet another new pub for me in Wapping.

3 pumps with 2 ales and 1 cider, I went for Elgoods Old Star Special @ 3.8%, a decent pint brewed for the pub.

Amazing tiled windows here that add real character to the pub. The garden is a nice little sun trap aswell.

All punters on my visit were locals & it was less than half busy with several of the chaps playing pool.

Quite a decent pub, another one that has avoided too much modernisation.
lezford - 24 Jul 2015 17:10
Very friendly traditional boozer. We walked in when there was a Wake on but everyone was very accommodating and the Landlady was very chatty. A nice break from the food driven Prospect & Captain Kidd and has a proper locals feel to it with some interesting (but non-threatening) old school East End characters. Well worth a visit if in the area.
AlistairVonLion - 8 Apr 2015 09:37