The Sussex Arms, Twickenham - pub details

Sussex Arms
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6] [image 7] [image 8] [image 9] [image 10] [image 11]

Address: 15 Staines Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 5BG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6910) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Website: tbc

Nearest train stations Strawberry Hill (0.5 miles), Whitton (0.7 miles), Fulwell (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.5/10 (rated by 93 users)

Wine Bar, Twickenham (0.1 miles), Prince Blucher, Twickenham (0.1 miles), Prince Albert, Twickenham (0.2 miles), King's Arms, Twickenham (0.2 miles), Rifleman, Twickenham (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Sussex Arms, Twickenham

I was in the Sussex Arms last night after visiting a couple of times during the last year. It was rather busy, with very limited seating. But the ale and cider range were as good as ever. Ales were Saltaire Blonde, Atom Pale Ale, Icknield Malt, Tiny Rebel Cwtch, Allendale Tar Bar'l, Hop Stuff Oatmeal Stout, Big Smoke Maple & Pecan Brown Ale, Harbour Amber Ale & White Horse Black Beauty. Park Brewery Killcat Pale came on whilst I was there. Ciders were Orchard Pig Juggler, Thistly Cross Whisky Cask, Biddenden Dry, Medium & Red Love & Celtic Marches Abrahalls AM. Service was good, despite it being a struggle to get to the bar. I noted that in relation to the previous comment, the food hygiene rating is now 4. I also overheard a conversation between a group of regulars, who were saying that the Albert in Kingston is the 4th pub in this small chain. So I'll have to get back there soon. The Sussex Arms is still one of the best pubs in London.
blue_scrumpy - 31 Dec 2016 19:37
Currently has the excellent Biddenden cider on. AFAIK that makes it one of two pubs in London to stock Biddies, the other being the Claret at Addiscombe which always has it.

A brilliant pub in many ways, but I wish they would get rid of the canned muzak.

The steak dinner with a pint for £12 on Thursdays is a good deal - my steak was substantial and tasty.
jgurney1 - 25 May 2016 19:35

jgurney1 - 25 May 2016 19:35
A scruffy pub that has many different beers and ciders,far too many to keep in good condition, my first pint was cloudy ,vinegary and clearly undrinkable after drawing this to the attention of the server two others behind the bar chipped in wondering how much I knew about Cronx beers,well I've tried enough and I can walk to the brewery from home. I offered to buy all three a pint of this if they would drink the lot,this was refused -i cannot imagine why. If you have to bother with this pub the emphasis is on high gravity beers and ciders. It just has to be a zero.
slerpy - 3 Apr 2016 14:50
I have to say that since new management has taken over there has been a dramatic improvement to the pub as it was slowly declining from what it once was. The loos have been sorted out, the beer range is more coherent and organised in a more logical manner.

The one thing I still don't understand though is this - the pub currently has a zero rating for hygiene at the last inspection in May last year

I don't understand why this hasn't been rectified and a re-inspection taking place because until it has I wouldn't feel comfortable about eating there.
PDWR - 29 Jan 2016 14:30