The Ladywell Tavern, Ladywell - pub details

Address: 80 Ladywell Rd, Ladywell, Lewisham, London, SE13 7HS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6864) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest DLR station Lewisham (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Ladywell (0.1 miles), Lewisham (0.8 miles), Catford Bridge (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 27 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, South East London pub guide

Jolly Farmers (ex jordan), Lewisham (0.3 miles), Ravensbourne Arms, Lewisham (0.3 miles), Fox and Firkin, Lewisham (0.3 miles), Watch House, Lewisham (0.5 miles), Market Tavern, Lewisham (0.5 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ladywell Tavern, Ladywell

The wife and I dropped in just before 11pm a couple of Saturday’s back for a night cap knowing it would still be open.

Several years since I’ve been here for a beer and I have no idea why as I pass it twice a day.

Live music was on when we arrived and it was pretty good. The group were playing a mix of blues, jazz, 60’s and 70’s tunes and the front man was decent. A fair sized crowd still in the pub with everyone a local.

Choice of 3 ales on the hand pumps with 2 being national brands and the 3rd from the local Brockley Brewery. I opted for Timothy Taylor’s Landlord with both pints I had being well poured and kept.

We stayed for an hour listening to the music and chatting while we enjoyed our drinks before succumbing to a burger from the kebab house across the road.

The Ladywell Tavern has always been a decent pub I just have no idea why I don’t use it much.

lezford - 10 Oct 2015 10:55
Went in today and order a Roast Beef Lunch. The beef was dry and stone cold and very chewy.
All of the food on the plate was cold apart from the roast potato's which were warm.
Watery, greasy cold gravy. The barman said "oh sorry about that" as he scraped the plates into the bin. Do not bother with this place.Totally dreadful and I will not go back.
chavsum - 6 Sep 2015 19:15
This pub has re-opened now. I have only moved to the area so never went to the old pub. I have been a few times since it re-opened late 2013 and each time it has been better and better. It seems to be getting a good crowd on Friday and Saturday nights. It has a good range of beers inc. ale (maybe a little pricey for the area), open fireplace, live music some nights and food looks good. If your a local and you have not dropped down yet you should get on down and support it!
Brendylou - 28 Jan 2014 16:45
Pub has unexpectedly shutdown for minimum of 2 months for refurbishment, though no confirmation from pub itself. Tragedy for Ladywell if this is not the case and our only pub has shutdown. It did good food, drink and entertainment.
MrAmstel - 29 Jul 2013 23:04
Top pub, top landlord and always a good choice of at least 2 ales, the fortyniner is always good.

Have eaten here regularly for over 4 years and the food is always good and I know for a fac is sourced locally.

Interesting mix of locals but always a good crack in here.

Maybe the previous reviewers who have been negative need to find a pub to eat and drink in that might go some way to matching their expectations and not visit here once and slag it off with untrue and excessive reviews.

This website is for people's opinions but it is also read by people who want to find a decent pub to visit so negative reviews can damage a pubs reputation.
lezford - 24 Feb 2013 13:47