Jude The Obscure, Oxford - pub details

Jude The Obscure

Address: 54, Walton St, Jericho, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6AE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6803) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Oxford (0.5 miles), Islip (5 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 26 users)

Jericho, Oxford (0.0 miles), The Rickety Press, Oxford (0.0 miles), Victoria, Oxford (0.1 miles), Harcourt Arms, Oxford (0.1 miles), Bookbinders Ale House, Oxford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Jude The Obscure, Oxford

Okay - and I can see where some are coming from when they say they prefer it to the virtually neighbouring Jericho Tavern, but a listlessness brought on by an over reliance on the Greene King range, half-assed devotion to TV sports and other details let it down. By no means a bad pub but is considerably worse than most of its rivals in the area.
BoehmBawerk - 27 Apr 2013 22:26
Greene King, Olde Tripp 3.15 ok ish. Food could be hotter. Large bland pub with Film posters on the wall.
rpf1955 - 25 Sep 2012 16:28
I had a pleasant lunch here, there was a 'burger and a drink' deal which was quite good value. The food was good and there was a reasonable selection of real ales. The service was excellent - we were served by a delightful girl who resembled the actress Sophie Winkleman.
Hugh1971 - 10 Jul 2012 10:25
Unlike a lot of real ale aficionados, I have always been a big fan of Greene King, and the beers here are nice examples of how good GK can get. We had a class reunion here. Service was quick and cheerful and it made for a nice environment to meet with my old friends.
bathavon - 10 Aug 2010 14:48
I will try not to let a bad date affect my review of this pub! My date appeared uninterested after a few minutes but the beer was nice and it was a nice summer evening in the beer garden. My second visit was where I'd organised this as the first stop on a pub crawl when it was a bit quieter but the staff were friendly and there was a good selection of new beers available to try which went down well.
oxford_hasher - 29 Jul 2010 22:54