The Vine, West Bromwich - pub details

Address: 152 Roebuck Street, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 6RD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5468) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Smethwick Galton Bridge (0.4 miles), The Hawthorns (1 mile), Smethwick Rolfe Street (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.4/10 (rated by 16 users)

Island Inn, West Bromwich (0.6 miles), Fox and Dogs, West Bromwich (0.6 miles), Forresters Arms, West Bromwich (0.6 miles), Night Inn, Smethwick (0.7 miles), Ivy Bush, Smethwick (0.8 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Vine, West Bromwich

Back ticking off the CAMRA Good Beer Guide Pubs... Opens at 5pm weekdays. Curry as good as ever. Bath Ales Prophecy in fine condition.

Visit blogged at
Mappiman - 7 Mar 2018 10:47
We were back here on Boxing Day. I'd tried a number of other pubs in West Bromwich. But most I tried were closed. The Vine was as busy as usual on a matchday. The solitary real ale (Holden's Golden Glow) ran out just as I got there, which left a poor selection. It's just about the best pub nearest the Hawthorns. But I'm downgrading the score to a 4/10.
blue_scrumpy - 1 Feb 2018 20:10
Great vibe, good beer and curries. Mind you don't get lost in it.
OneselfAlone - 15 May 2017 15:55
It's been a few years since I was last in here. But we paid a return visit on Monday evening. It seems even bigger than I remember it. There are a couple of small rooms at the front where the main bar is. These give way to a larger conservatory and then an even larger room where a barbecue takes place on matchdays. I can recommend the chicken tikka kebabs. Curries also looked tasty. Crowds spill out onto an outdoor patio beyond that, which also stretches down the side of the pub. The pub caters for the masses on a matchday (West Bromwich Albion). But I would like to return one day on a non-matchday to see how it fairs. 2 real ales were on - Holdens Golden Glow & Ludlow Gold. Serves a purpose well.
blue_scrumpy - 1 Oct 2015 00:04
Superb experience. Looks like a small backstreet pub from the outside and it certainly is with a couple of parlour type rooms.

It then opens out into a maze of covered court yards and a huge function type room at the back.

Popular on match days for obvious reason, but also for the food. We went in at 12pm on a Sunday (outside the football season) and the place was filling up with punters. They don't start food until 1pm.

And what food - one of the best curries I have ever had!

Two unusual real ales on draft (I forget the names) but they also do bottled Bathams - which it had to be.

Will definitely be back.