The Babbity Bowster, Glasgow - pub details

Babbity Bowster
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: 16-18 Blackfriars Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 1PE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4969) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations High Street - Glasgow (0.1 miles), Argyle Street (0.2 miles), Glasgow Queen Street (0.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.0/10 (rated by 47 users)

Bargo, Glasgow (0.0 miles), O'Neills, Glasgow (0.0 miles), Locomotiv, Glasgow (0.0 miles), Strathduie, Glasgow (0.0 miles), Black Bull, Glasgow (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Babbity Bowster, Glasgow

Pricy for Glasgow I thought. £3.55 for a pint of Deuchars which was admittedly well kept. Lots of Glasgow pubs are cheaper £2.50 a pint of IPA in the Pot Still for example.

Might be good craic at the right time but I thought it was a bit average
ArhurPint - 15 Jun 2014 18:22
Good beer, but a bit trendy for me!
Wilson_MacDonald - 23 May 2014 22:00
It's Cup Final Saturday lunchtime and the pub is rammed but there is not one iota of hassle - in fact two sets of supporters were here for just one/two things - the beer and the food. The beer, Fyne Ales "Jarl" was indeed excellent and they also had a Harviestoun and a Deuchars beer on. Haggis,neeps and tatties were being downed like there was no tomorrow and the pub must have made a fortune! Despite it being so busy I didn't wait long for my beer as they had enough staff and even one person who just collected and washed glasses. This is a super little pub (with B&B as well) and it should not be missed. They often have ad hoc music sessions (accoustic) which are popular.
mcroyal - 20 May 2014 09:38
My 2nd visit here and again it’s on a Friday lunchtime.

I loved this place on my 1st visit and I still feel the same after my 2nd.

Choice of 3 ales on tap of which my 2 pints of Jarl were excellent.

I decided to eat this time and ordered the Haggis, neaps and tatties…which was superb.

Good banter with the landlord, great beer, great food, interesting building…what more do you want from a pub.

Another 10/10 from me.
lezford - 19 Mar 2014 12:35
Superb pub / restaurant in The Merchant City area. Tucked away down a side street this is a proper gem that I am sure real Glasgow drinkers are well aware off.

The Camra beer guide lead me here and I mightly glad it did.

Large house style pub with an courtyard smoking area to the side.

Nice modern feel but definitely not a 'gastro pub'.

3 ales on, all of which were Scottish, I had a pint of Ossian from The Inveralmond Brewery which even though was perfect is not a beer I would have again, no reflection on the pub though just a personal opinion.

Top quality establishment...honestly one of the best I have ever been in.
lezford - 28 Oct 2012 13:59