The Coach and Horses, Soho - pub details

Address: 29 Greek Street, Soho, London, W1F 7HG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3274) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Leicester Square (0.2 miles), Tottenham Court Road (0.2 miles), Covent Garden (0.3 miles)

Nearest train stations London Charing Cross (0.4 miles), London Waterloo (1.1 miles), London Waterloo East (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.2/10 (rated by 88 users)

Spice of Life, Cambridge Circus (0.0 miles), Three Greyhounds, Soho (0.0 miles), Bar Soho, Soho (0.0 miles), G-A-Y Bar, Soho (0.0 miles), Cambridge, Soho (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Coach and Horses, Soho

Ghastly place which is in need of new management. I suspect the brewers cannot get rid of the long standing tenant.
malo66 - 15 Sep 2016 11:34
Its always gloriously grim but this time, on my biannual visit, it seemed grimmer than ever.

How is it I always end up in here on a Wednesday when its knees up on the out of tune piano?

No real ales on at all. The last one not turned around was Seafarers and that spewed out froth. Forced to drink very cold czech lager.
Mappiman - 22 Jan 2016 12:05
I was recently told by a regular that the Coach and Horses was closed for renovation
and, remembering my visit of a year ago, I thought that the much needed decorations might be worth seeing .So being in the vicinity, I popped in a coupe of days ago and found that the appalling state of the place was exactly as before.
I defy anyone to name a pub anywhere in the world that has more holes in the floor covering. The few clientele were as scruffy as the decor; I kept expecting to see Bill Sykes walk in.
Definitely one to avoid even though it still does Leffe on draught.
Padderborn - 24 Dec 2015 15:54
Still a great atmosphere and wonderfully ungentrified, but I'm afraid the Chiswick bitter was in very poor condition and gave me with a bad headache and a dodgy stomach the following day. Only one other bitter was available - some kind of Red ale. The barman didn't know how to serve a pickled egg. The owner needs to get his beer and bar-staff back on track.
Number11 - 30 Sep 2015 18:31
Sixth monthly visit to check that it hasn't been gentrified just yet. It hasn't.

Photo at my walking blog - http://bit.ly/1WJ19Jx