The Rake, London Bridge - pub details

Rake
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: 14 Winchester Walk, London, SE1 9AG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 30491) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations London Bridge (0.2 miles), Cannon Street (0.4 miles), Monument (0.4 miles)

Nearest DLR stations Bank (0.5 miles), Tower Gateway (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations London Bridge (0.3 miles), Cannon Street (0.4 miles), Blackfriars (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 125 users)

Banana Store, London Bridge (0.0 miles), Old Thameside Inn, London Bridge (0.1 miles), Mudlark, London Bridge (0.1 miles), Globe, London Bridge (0.1 miles), Brew Wharf, London Bridge (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Rake, London Bridge

My first visit for several years on a Saturday evening in late May.

Always a good choice of ales on tap, this normally includes a number you wouldn't normally find in other pubs. There were a couple of choices from Arbor, I had a pint of Dynamo @ 4.8%.

I also had a 3rd of Single Hop Imperial IPA @ 10%, boy what a beer!

Busy inside but a lot busier outside where all the garden tables were taken.

The Rake is very popular but it's always a decent place for a quality and different beer.
lezford - 22 Jul 2015 16:52
Well worth a visit if in the vicinity. Like previously said a small pub but not as small as a i expected. You walk in and you are basically at the bar. There are 3 tall tables you can sit at and a fairly large patio area to the left with a few tables and chairs. Lots and lots of beers to suit all tastes. Some are expensive but the pint i had was £3.60 which aint bad for london. Lots of graffiti on the walls where people have signed on their visit. I normally dont mind stuff like as it adds character but i feel it makes this place look a bit shabby. One other point is the obvious enthusiasm the staff have for beer!
yamyampublover - 7 Sep 2014 10:01
Not sure about going to the Rake again. If I can believe my memory, barman scowled at me intimidatingly as I approached, made a harsh noise as of a vehicle changing gear the wrong way, then in short order wiped his nose on his sleeve, reached for a glass and wiped its rim with the same sleeve, then poured my beer in the same glass. I said thank you.

Tunbelly - 3 May 2014 14:09
My first visit here for a couple of years.

I love the Rake and their choice of beers either on draught or in bottles never let's me down...however I don't come here as often as I should as it's a bit of the small side and I get a bit fed up with not having anywhere to rest myself while sampling my well chosen beer.

3 of us came here on Saturday night and as expected the place was heaving...though it did empty out a bit after half an hour or so.

My first beer was a bottle of Partizan Brewing's IPA @ 6.6%...good wholesome and strong. We were about to leave when I convinced my pals to stay for another beer...this time it was a bottle of the recently released Brewdog's "Hello my name is Vladamir" @ 8.2%...what a cracking beer this is.

As always with The Rake, service is swift & the knowledgeable staff never let you down. Yes it is a bit on the pricey said but you do get beers served here that you would struggle to find elsewhere in London.

Don't come to The Rake expecting a large space to relax in as even the outside area is rammed...but you should come here at least once especially if you're a beer / ale lover.

lezford - 17 Feb 2014 11:16
Popped in for a couple of pints here last week. Love this place, I always get an interesting beer here. You accept it's going to be a bit expensive, but i don't usually spend a whole night here anyway. I love the atmosphere here. I disagree with the previous reviewer who said it's full of ale geeks. I think there's a good mix of people who fancy a different drinking experience in central London. Always had a jolly time at The Rake. ( that may be because the beers so strong)
Mrsausages - 12 Feb 2014 12:03