The Ship Inn, Lathom - pub details

Address: 4 Wheat Lane, Lathom, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L40 4BX [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 30452) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Burscough Junction (0.6 miles), Burscough Bridge (0.8 miles), Hoscar (1.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 13 users)
> Local guide: Lancashire pub guide

Junction Hotel, Burscough (0.5 miles), Ring O'Bells, Lathom (0.6 miles), Waterfront, Burscough (0.7 miles), Hop Vine, Burscough (0.7 miles), Bridge, Burscough (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ship Inn, Lathom

Just to let everyone know, the Ship was taken over by two local Parbold couples and was given a major refurb in 2011. We also recruited some talented chefs allowing us to deliver quality food using the finest local ingredients (wherever possible!).

Our aim is to create a Great British Pub in this great canalside location. Your feedback is welcomed as we look to continually improve and provide a fantastic dining and drinking experience to every one of our customers.

theshipinn - 10 Feb 2012 11:21
Ship Inn has been updated and look fantastic as well as the food being great. Very friendly and staff more than happy to help. They were having a BBQ when we arrive how great music playing it was really nice. Would go again.....soon!
meichalfie - 30 Apr 2011 18:09
We moved back home after many years away from Burscough in Sept 2010. The Ship being our " new" local. It was sad, it was once a lovely pub and we were disappointed. In early November it changed hands, and hurray what a difference some TLC makes. Ray, Sandra and all their staff are warm and welcoming. It is a credit to them. many new cask ales on tap, entertainment, great food. A great local, and also a great resteraunt. Well done chaps!!! cant wait for the refurb in a few weeks time.
andreahelen - 10 Feb 2011 14:14
I've read the last comment posted. I would FULL HEARTEDLY disagree with what was said. I've had a lovely evening. My family and I came in to The Ship to eat. The food was exactly what we came to a canal side pub for. Our meals were beautiful! Fish and chips (Huge fish) , Steak and Ale Pie, Scampi and chips, and I have to say i had the Gammon, it was to die for. We had a good old chat with a long haired bar man, lovely young man ( I'm Sorry we didn't learn his name or whether he was new management) He told us all about the area and the tales of 'the blood tub' . We had a choice of 6 real ales, which included Moorhouses! They even had there own Moorhouse's Ship Inn Ale. (beautiful!) Great time had by all! Maybe the last post just visted at the wrong time!? Although i will say the toilets need some work! Everything else was 10/10! I hope 'The Ship Inn' can survive as a real canal side pub, dogs n' all! It makes a really nice change these days. HIGHLY recommended!
canalside53 - 1 Jul 2010 10:41
Awful, really not impressed at all. Dropped in the other day, for the first time in a while. Sorry I did. The beer is expensive and few in choice, dirty glasses, sticky tables. My eating experience wasn't any better, too expensive and greasy and the management were particularly unfriendly. The place is a dive quite frankly, and it's emptiness reflected that. Wouldn't touch it with a nearby barge pole.
anonymous - 15 Feb 2010 22:15