The Royal Standard, Wooburn Common - pub details

Royal Standard
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: Wooburn Common Rd, Wooburn Green, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 0JS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 28954) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Bourne End (2 miles), Beaconsfield (2.8 miles), Cookham (2.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 32 users)

Chequers, Wooburn (0.9 miles), Queen and Albert, High Wycombe (0.9 miles), Old Bell, High Wycombe (1.0 miles), Red Lion, Wooburn Green (1.0 miles), Blackwood Arms, Littleworth Common (1.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Royal Standard, Wooburn Common

What a brilliant pub, 8 or 9 real ales, 6 ciders, very good food and friendly staff, can't ask for more, well worth finding if you are in the area.
Randyray - 9 Apr 2014 18:29
I'm sorry to say that I have moved away from Beaconsfield and this wonderful pub is the only thing I miss. And I miss it sorely! Use it and use it NOW!
motco - 9 Jul 2013 16:21
I'd forgotten how good this pub was. Last night was my 3rd to this rural pub and I was there for the culmination of a bank holiday beer festival. It's a roadside pub with one large room with a couple of partitions. There is an outdoor undercover smoking area and tables at the front on the roadside. Service is good and food is normally served. The beer list was (take a deep breath) Outstanding Selling Out, Woodfordes Wherry, Caledonian Deuchars IPA, Hopback Summer Lightning, St Austell Tribute, Binghams Twyford Tipple, Orkney Dragonhead & Red MacGregor, Vale Checkmate, XT13, Acorn Blonde, Bristol Beer Factory Acer, Coastal Hop Monster, Crouch Vale Yakima Gold, Darkstar Carafa Jade, Inveralmond Independence, Leeds Vienna, Nottingham EPA, Oakham Inferno & Citra, Pictish Calypso & El Diablo, Purple Moose Snowdonia Ale, Rebellion Googly & Skinners Ginger Tosser. Not to be outdone, there were also 10 ciders and perries - Westons Cider Twist Raspberry, Cider Twist Winter Spice, Old Rosie, First Quality & Country Perry, Radnage 2012 Vintage Dry, Cornish Orchards Farmhouse Draught, Millwhites Blackberry Blush & Whiskey Cask & Thatchers Cheddar Valley. I won't leave it as long before my next visit.
blue_scrumpy - 7 May 2013 20:49
Walking from Bourne End to Cookham the long way led to a stop at the Royal Standard. One of our number had been banging on about this place for some time and had given it a big build up, so we entered with anticipation.

And it was pretty good. Five standard real ales and five guests ( the Black Bee Honey Porter was pretty fine ) plus five ciders so no problem with choice. Pub is fairly small but has a good atmosphere. Staff were friendly. A lot of tables were set for lunch which does re-inforce the comment below about orientationj towards food, but all pubs have to do food these days or they disappear so no issue with that.

The food was fine and although my colleagues fish was quite a size, my home burger was a much smaller portion. And they served coleslaw without warning me, which as a coleslawphobic person does annoy me.

However the Royal Standard is well worth a visit and we would happily return at a future date.

ramblethenlunch - 26 Sep 2011 09:43
Yes does seem to be under new management. Has always been a good pub beers are excellent kept to a very high standard also staff very friendly and helpful. Food is very reasonable price with good a selection and ever changing specials .my only ten out of ten pub.
manhoot - 12 Jul 2011 22:17