The Bull, Watton at Stone - pub details

Address: 113 High Street, Watton at Stone, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 3SB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 26280) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Website: http://www.thebullwatton.co.uk

Nearest train stations Watton-at-stone (0.3 miles), Knebworth (3.7 miles), Welwyn North (4.3 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 8 users)

George & Dragon, Watton at Stone (0.1 miles), Waggon and Horses, Watton At Stone (0.5 miles), Papillon Woodhall Arms, Stapleford (1.4 miles), Three Horseshoes, Watton at Stone (1.7 miles)

user reviews of the Bull, Watton at Stone

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch at The Bull today. The food was excellent and reasonably priced - the chef was clearly both good and cared about what he's doing. Added to that, there were a couple of good guest ales on and I thought the decor was a good balance between comfortable and traditional. Will definitely return.
aaroncp - 26 Oct 2015 17:37
Not the pub it once was in the 1980's

I had spent many a happy hour in the beer garden

it was not the same after the fire in the early 90's

will give it another try later this year.
Leftinthepub44 - 2 Apr 2015 15:30
Yet another 'Pub & Dining' clone. It may try a little harder than some but it is still a characterless chain restaurant as opposed to a pub.
Snarling_Mallard - 18 Dec 2011 20:58
I note that no user reviews have been posted since the re-opening ( I am excluding the review from CRC1 as this appears to be an 'insider' review).

Can anyone explain why the pub sign has been replaced by a cartoon bull?
welwyntone - 16 Dec 2011 19:41
The Bull has just re-opened following an extensive refurbishment. It is relaxing and comfortable, with a great new menu and a proper family atmosphere. We had a fabulous meal, traditional English food with a modern, quality twist. The puddings were sumptuous, with the lemon creme caramel getting our vote. We noticed you can even get fresh coffee and pastries from 9.30 in the morning. It is a real gem and we will be going back!
CRC1 - 2 Nov 2011 20:36