The Carpenters Arms, Bransgore - pub details

Address: 103 Burley Road, Bransgore, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 8BA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2612) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Hinton Admiral (2.8 miles), Christchurch (3.4 miles), New Milton (4.3 miles)

Brewery: Fullers

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 17 users)

Crown Inn, Christchurch (0.5 miles), Three Tuns, Bransgore (0.6 miles), Lamb Inn, Winkton (1.4 miles), Fishermans Haunt, Christchurch (1.5 miles), Woolpack, Sopley (1.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Carpenters Arms, Bransgore

I visit every couple of months when in the New Forest and have never been disappointed. The food is wholesome and quickly served. Pies are homemade and superb plus there is always fresh fish. Beers vary - sometimes all Fullers, sometimes a few guests. On my last visit there was Pride, Brewer's Bragg (a new Fuller's beer), Ringwood Best and the flavoursome Hobsons Dark Mild. All in all a tidy pub!
Mothroy - 27 May 2013 21:19
Wouldn't be too struck on this place just as a pub, however I can recommend the steak and kidney pie, I have ordered it countless times and have never been disappointed. The food is always hot and vegetables fresh.
Frannie1 - 7 Feb 2010 11:07
After the last reviews we thought that we would give it a try as we were down for week despite our last experience. Yes beers ok, but alas nothing else, sorry, wont be back again, tried a couple of times.
champagnestyle - 23 Oct 2009 06:29
Well this has been my nearest pub for eight years so I thought it was about time to try it.

Arrived around 6:30 on a Tuesday, plenty of tables free. Menu pricing reasonable for adult meals,expensive for kids; roughly 9 quid for basic kids' meal plus drink plus ice cream. Order taken fairly promptly, however then waited 45minutes for food to turn up. The lack of anything vaguely resembling an apology suggested this was normal, subsequent conversations with friends have confirmed this. Wife's salmon was excellent, my chicken pie was so - so, complete with gravy with a skin on it and overcooked mushy vegetables. Ordered two coffees, only one turned up; overall standard of service indifferent.

Maybe I'll give it another eight years and try again. :-/
spamcan61 - 15 Sep 2009 20:20
We were on holiday in the area and the main reason we stopped here was because we were told it was dog friendly. Can confirm that it is;you can eat with your pooch in the bar area but not the restaurant,which is fair enough.Staff were friendly enough and the draught Honeydew was excellent.
Zumo - 25 Jun 2009 16:24