The St Radegund, Cambridge - pub details

St Radegund

Address: 129 King Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 1LD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2606) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Cambridge (1.1 miles), Shelford (4.4 miles), Waterbeach (5.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 60 users)

Cambridge Arms, Cambridge (0.1 miles), King Street Run, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Champion of the Thames, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Cambridge Brew House, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Bun Shop, Cambridge (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the St Radegund, Cambridge

The St Radegund is a small pub with limited opening hours. I know from my last visit to Cambridge that it closes on a Sunday and during the week, it does not open until 5pm. So we arrived just on opening. I can imagine that the single bar could get very crowded with any more than about a dozen people in. So the limited opening hours probably suit it. In reply to the last reviewer, the refurb has not destroyed the pub's character. Despite its size, the pub was supporting 6 ales - Fullers London Pride, Milestone Black Pearl & Cathedral Gold, Woodfordes Wherry, Reunion Ales Beard Tongue & Colchester Anne Downes. Pride & Wherry appear to be the regular ales. No real cider is stocked. Forgot to ask for the CAMRA discount.
blue_scrumpy - 27 Jan 2017 19:52
Currently closed for a refurb. Is this going to be a good thing??
littledrummerboy - 8 Feb 2015 12:07
An excellent find with a host of real ales, many from the Saffron Walden brewery. We perched ourselves at an unfeasibly narrow table and chomped on some suoerb chili nuts while supping our pints. Central and yet away from the teeth of the tourist trail, one of Cambridge's best.
BoehmBawerk - 22 Aug 2013 18:01
Never been blanked here ... but then i'm a weirdo.

I like this place and always have a great time here.

Landlord always keen to guide me as to the best thing on tap to drink.
benscaro - 12 Apr 2013 16:25
Cliquey, creepy, and weird. Went in with my wife for a lunchtime pint, and we were so effectively blanked by the two bar staff that it was as if we didn't exist.

Don't like being looked through, so left without ordering. Won't bother again.
Tony_L - 25 Feb 2013 11:44