The Melville, Stretford - pub details

Melville

Address: Barton Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 9RB [map] [gmap]

Nearest train stations Trafford Park (0.4 miles), Humphrey Park (0.5 miles), Urmston (1.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 5 users)

Sip Club, Stretford (0.2 miles), Robin Hood, Stretford (0.3 miles), Green Windmill, Stretford (0.4 miles), Urmston, Urmston (0.7 miles), Gorse Hill, Stretford (0.8 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Melville, Stretford

This pub was on tonights BBC TV news following a bomb made of fireworks strapped together being thrown into the building. The resulting explosions lasted for several minutes apparently.
No mention of the beer though!

wirraldrinker - 21 Oct 2010 22:36
I had my first Joey Holts here too many years ago - Took my stomach 3 days to recover. But I acquired a taste over the years. Used to enjoy a midweek session in here with pals when I lived in M/cr. I Wouldn't have thought it has changed at all, probably still the cheapest beer in the country.
The thing that used to make me laugh about Joselp Holts pubs was the marketing that went into the names of the drinks, esp the Lager ( Regal )
oneofthekingsmen - 1 Dec 2006 18:58
Old fashioned pub, full of typical frank gallaghers (shamelss?). stil its a top place 2go b4 u go elsewhereif u wana get wrecked. drink diamond - wel cheap, tastes alright and 4pints gets u more than tipsy!
chudaldinho - 1 Mar 2005 14:59