The Corner Pin, York - pub details

Corner Pin

Address: 17, Tanner Row, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 6JB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 18961) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations York (0.3 miles), Poppleton (3 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 19 users)

Flares, York (0.0 miles), Yorkshire Hussar, York (0.0 miles), Nexus, York (0.0 miles), Reflex, York (0.0 miles), Maltings, York (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Corner Pin, York

Pub number 4 and after walking down Mickelgate and turning left we come to The Society Bar, no way am I going in there so I cross the road and enter The Corner Pin.

The Marston’s pub has 3 pumps, offering 3 ales and I opt for a pint of Cumberland from Jennings. Decent enough pint but the server is a bit miserable.

I take my drink and look for somewhere to sit, it’s all a bit stuffy inside so I had to the large garden at the side of the pub and find myself a table.

The pub is busy again with race goers', quite a few drunk people by this time, the chatter is loud and there’s a few tw*t’s out in the garden.

I finish my beer and had outside to meet the others, not a bad pub but this wouldn’t be on my radar for another visit.
lezford - 18 Jul 2014 17:58
Three cask ales, could have been a decent pub but (without warning) they decided to close an hour early due to being "too quiet"! After all, a pub's there for the convenience of the staff rather than the customers, isn't it?
A trip round the corner to the Maltings found a full pub with every seat taken at exactly the same time as the Corner Pin had closed early due to being too quiet... I wonder why?!
alexw - 16 May 2012 07:53
First visit last Friday. very enjoyable and decent ale.

Will return
Ayresomeangel - 28 Jun 2011 13:12
Interesting small bar area - found some sofa seating - very comfortable
6 pints of Wychwoods Dirty Tackle (must say something for the beer) - very nice indeed. (Didn't fancy the Brakspears)
Good condition and temperature - most enjoyable
Seemed a student type place (no problem with that)
Occasionally, a little smokey - drifting in from outside area
Overall a very pleasant, nothing fancy, small back street pub - food menu (untried) looked good pub grub.
For what it is - very good and worth trying
pick_e_tippler - 12 Feb 2011 11:00
Called in last night with fingers crossed as our last visit, albeit some time ago, was disappointing. Panic over, the beer was in fine form and the pub was busy enough at 6.45pm. Excellent Hobgoblin from Wychwood and a very good Christmas Pudding Ale on show, among others. Friendly bar staff too!! Keep up the good work. Back on the visiting menu.
DME - 10 Dec 2010 14:16