The Dagda Bar, Edinburgh - pub details

Previously called: Proctors Bar

Dagda Bar

Address: 93-95, Buccleuch St, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH8 9NG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 17130) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Edinburgh Waverley (0.8 miles), Edinburgh Haymarket (1.5 miles), Slateford (2.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 16 users)

Southside Social, Edinburgh (0.1 miles), Ale House, Edinburgh (0.1 miles), William McEwans, Edinburgh (0.1 miles), Greenmantle, Edinburgh (0.1 miles), Kildares, Edinburgh (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Dagda Bar, Edinburgh

Small one bar pub, with friendly and knowledgeable service. Small but nice selection of real ale from Scottish micro breweries (Highland Brewing's excellent Orkney IPA and Raj from Tryst).
Friendly and chatty landlord, some lively locals and students.
Darkish and cosy interior, very nice experience.
MarkVP - 26 Sep 2012 09:56
totally shocked by this pub - having been in a couple of times in the past and always had good reviews, I and two friends went in for a beer. I asked for a pivo estivo (cracking pint from kelburn) and upon noticing no sparklers on the angram hand pulls asked for mine to be poured with a sparkler (i believe it gives more life to a golden ale) only to be told by the large bald barman "would you like cake with that" which I took as friendly banter, He then poured my pint without the sparkler. I said "I take it im not getting a sparkler used on my pint then?" to which he made a big show in front of the other customers of looking left to right and went "no we appear to be all out". I then said "well no thanks then i dont want a pint" to be told "is this some sort of joke?". by this point we had a all decided to leave. as we left we were subjected to shouts from the barman along the lines of "well no loss to me" and other things not to be printed. We then crossed to the meadow bar and had a cracking round of flying scotsman from caley (all poured with sparklers on!)
darklingmist - 14 Jun 2012 08:36
We called in for a pint (or two) before going to Mother India for a meal. A simple one-bar pub with bright exterior and a boistrous clientele when we visited (why do people shout at each other when they are sitting next to them?) Anyway, beer was good - again mostly Scottish micro-brewers. Worth a visit - it's on a street that runs parallel with Nicholson Street.
mcroyal - 12 May 2012 17:48
Good beer and good jukebox. Need any more? 8/10
dry_riser_inlet - 10 Aug 2011 20:13
Small bar, but comfortable and welcoming although not busy when I called. Beer was fine, and Scottish, and the barman went to some trouble to pull me a pint, having to visit the cellar before completing the job. Well worth the walk.
Stamfordian - 17 Feb 2011 10:55