The Blue Bell, Annan - pub details

Blue Bell

Address: 10 High Street, Annan, Dumfriesshire, DG12 6AG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14980) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Annan (0.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.4/10 (rated by 10 users)

Anglers, Annan (0.1 miles), Shed, Annan (0.1 miles), Vaults, Annan (0.2 miles), Commercial Inn, Annan (0.2 miles), Station House, Annan (0.3 miles)

user reviews of the Blue Bell, Annan

This is an excellent traditional pub, very friendly locals and the bar staff are excellent. Three guest ales on tap plus a couple more from the bottle. The only place to drink ale in Annan. Worth a visit to the town just for this pub. Marvelous place.
caskman_nz - 30 Oct 2014 20:37
The previous review seems to be a review of the clientèle rather than the pub itself. ;)

Annan should be proud of the Blue Bell. A 'real ale' pub in a land of keg beer where the landlord knows his stuff and, if you're lucky, you'll find yourself shoulder-to-shoulder with the brewer who made the pint you're drinking. Buzzing atmosphere on the Sunday evening we visited and a good selection of guest ales as well as the usual keg suspects. Perfect pub. A veritable modern day 'Moon under Water'. My only regret, it is so far, several hundred miles, from home.

workhard - 4 Jun 2013 11:45
Whilst I largely agree with the sentiments expressed in the previous post in terms of the excellent range of real ales and the State panelling decor, our brief flying visit just eight days later saw us encounter a dinosaur standing at the bar as we entered at about 1.30pm, espousing his bigoted and racist views to the small knot of regulars gathered therein in a "comedy" foreign accent. He paused briefly as the embarrassed barmaid shushed him with a whisper of "there's strangers behind you", to which he responded "ach it's ok, they're white".

Chick (I think that was his name), you let the Bluebell down badly.
Gristy - 26 Jun 2012 00:33
I love this pub! It is my fave of all the drinking places in Annan and I'd gladly only ever drink here when visiting Annan. Always fabulous draft beers, excellent wee beer festival too :o) and the bar staff and customers/locals are such fabulous company, I am always made to feel so welcome here even though I only visit once a year! :o)
sweez - 7 Jun 2012 17:56
Really liked the multi-level panelled interior, and the feeling that this was a pub where the people of Annan wanted to sup and not a concept foisted on them. I was in there after a football match (Annan Athletic) and the atmosphere was friendly, happy and noisy - despite the home team having lost. Very good range of beers and nothing duff found amongst them by our grpup.
Arctium_lappa - 3 Oct 2009 23:45