The Bank Top Tavern, Oldham [Closed] - pub details

Address: King Sq, Oldham, Lancashire, OL8 1ES [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14591) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Oldham Werneth (0.4 miles), Oldham Mumps (0.7 miles), Derker (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 8 users)

Whittles, Oldham (0.1 miles), Dog and Duck, Oldham (0.1 miles), Abbey Inn, Oldham (0.1 miles), Ring of Feathers, Oldham (0.1 miles), Three Crowns, Oldham (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Bank Top Tavern, Oldham

Not to be confused with the Bank Top Brewery Tap in Bolton, this is a JW Lees establishment hidden behind the huge Mecca Bingo building. Contrary to the previous review and the title, the pub is no longer closed. Although trade was not exactly roaring. The barman was busy on a laptop, whilst apart from one other guy, the only other customers were a group of young Doncaster Rovers football fans, in town for their FA Cup match at Oldham. JW Lees Bitter & their seasonal Plum Pudding were on. I quite enjoyed my half of the latter. The pub has the appearance of a council estate pub, with a large open-plan room and a stage for music/karaoke etc. Not a particularly salubrious establishment. But at least the beer was good..
blue_scrumpy - 7 Dec 2014 22:05
CLOSED and boarded up...

kernott1 - 2 Apr 2013 08:18
good beer and great food.
hardman - 10 Jan 2012 18:14
Called in again on Saturday after Oldham Beer Festival as promised. I've changed my mind after this last visit. I had to take my pint back to the bar as it was foul, it was changed with no problem, but the second pint wasn't great either, even though it was from a different pump. When I got back to my seat the other half said "This wines off". Back to the bar again. When I told the landlord he shouted "What do you want ME to do about it?" I pointed out that as the landlord I would expect him to change it and apologise rather than get stroppy. This went down like the proverbial "lead budgie". He did change it though and after smelling the bottle threw the rest of it away. Still no apology though. Won't be getting another chance I'm afraid. Down goes the rating to a 2.
ROBCamra - 23 Mar 2009 16:54
This place has a bit of a sterile atmosphere, at least it did at 6.30 on a Saurday evening when we called in. Very modern bright interior with large pictures on the walls (probably from The Range or Wilkinsons) which is not unpleasant. I had a pint of the Lees Bitter which was fine. May well call in after Oldham beer festival in a few weeks as it's better than a lot of places in Oldham.
ROBCamra - 15 Jan 2009 15:40