The Bulls Head, Earlswood - pub details

Bulls Head
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: Limekiln Road, Earlswood, Solihull, West Midlands, B94 6BU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12327) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Lapworth (0 miles), Wood End (2 miles), Danzey (2 miles)

Brewery: Thwaites

> Current user rating: 7.8/10 (rated by 16 users)
> Local guide: West Midlands pub guide

Blue Bell Cider House, Hockley Heath (0.2 miles), Reservoir, Earlswood (0.6 miles), Red Lion, Solihull (0.7 miles), Saxon, Cheswick Green (0.8 miles), Plough, Shelly Green (1.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Bulls Head, Earlswood

Upon reviewing the previous commentary regarding this establishment, I feel in wholehearted agreement. Despite the previous landlord being an ignoramus, the pub itself was splendid; with good food and a country-bumpkin homliness about it.
In winter months, a good fire warms my body while good beer warms my soul.
In summer months, it is often difficult to find a spot to sit outside (and I did encounter the bizarre experience of a group of cyclists dressed as 1920's farm labourers performing a morris dance esque ritual before me). This behaviour went past eccentricity I had to double check to ensure my pint wasn't based with LSD.

The prices are reasonable, and this in itself excludes the more vulgar like people who do somethings inhabit inneries. There was a good range of real ale, and I selected a pint of a good beer. My second slightly psychedelic experience was the fact that to get a signal to pay on card, the poor barman had to stand outside in the rain with the card machine.

The toilets, always something to judge a pub by, were clean, and there was ample Carex available.

Although many in the current age would rather spend a fiver for a bottle of 'trendy' Tibetan beer in a 'gastro' bar with elongated tables and high chairs, I thoroughly enjoyed the contrast in this horse-hoof decorated pub. In the final analysis, this pub is, in a sense, like the morris dancers and the horse hoofs. That far out, the way out is in. But by Joe, it was enjoyable!
docmartin - 11 Dec 2012 14:34
the managment here has changed recently, and what a breath of fresh air, the old manager seemed to not care for his customers in the slightest, having apprehansively started drinking back here again i have found the staff, ALL of the staff, to be more than welcoming and they cant do enough for you. I went in here with my dogs and they were given treats and water to drink! The atmosphere was great, full of people, not something you see so much these days.
scooke - 17 Jan 2012 13:46
I stopped using this pub last year when the Landlord said he really did not give a toss for disabled people and refused to repaint the two disabled parking spots at the front of the pub. I drove by the other day and they are just the same!! The yellow paintwork was hardly recognisable and although I was not close enough to see I would like to bet neither of the vehicles parked in these spots was showing a blue' disabled badge. Shame really - as the beer was always nice . . . . . Rate pub 7/10
The Landlord of then 0/10
v4mpire - 9 Aug 2010 23:49
great beer, great food no problems at all.
SGA - 23 May 2010 16:58
Think its going downhill. I think staff need to stop getting so involved with the customers business in these country pubs. Its seems a regualr accurance. Another thing I have noticed is the way men are allowed to drink more then women. Its supposed to be non-discriminative these days, its 2009 for god sake women have to work. But then nearly all country pubs are the same now. Not very welcoming.
ladydonna - 20 Sep 2009 17:24