The Rovers Return, Douglas - pub details

Rovers Return

Address: 11 Church St, Douglas, Isle of Man

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 11497) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 7.7/10 (rated by 22 users)

user reviews of the Rovers Return, Douglas

My favourite pub in Douglas. Not owned by Heron & Brearley, this is a grungy locals pub with several small rooms and plenty of character. It probably won't win awards for cleanliness and some may be put off by a slightly raucous atmosphere, which spills out into the alleyway outside. But located in an area where there are several nightclubs, this is seemingly the best real ale pub in Douglas. Beers were Busheys Ruby Mild, Manx Bitter, Old Bushy Tail, Humbug A Winter Warmer & Castletown Bitter, Rudgate Viking Bitter & Green Jack Lurcher Stout. Cider was Old Rosie. You'll probably either love this pub or hate it.
blue_scrumpy - 5 Jan 2015 21:37
I enjoyed my pint of Bushy's mild and my 2 friends confirmed the bitter was excellent.I liked it but got the feeling it has known better days.

oldandmild - 27 Sep 2012 04:54
What a great place! I was over to Douglas with my girlfriend for the TT and found this to be the jolliest place we came across. The bar staff, locals and TT folk themselves were all great company and we had such a laugh here every night. A fascinating building with lots of individual bars and a covered area outside in the spacious, cobbled alley added to its character. Excellent selection of beers and a friendly, biker kind of crowd. Set down by the marina where all our favourite pubs were found.
BiffoBeer - 12 Jun 2012 15:55
A pub full of character and characters, the beer was very good and niely priced. I can imagine at times it is not for the faint-hearted!
JBGatelad - 24 Jul 2011 18:11
Very frienly pub down an alleyway. Several rooms and an outdoor seating/smoking area. Crowded on our various visits. Excellent juke box.

6 handpumps sering 3 Bushy's beers and 3 guests from 2.40. Prompt service despite being busy.

Well worth finding.