The Crown & Anchor, Eastbourne - pub details

Crown & Anchor
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: Marine Parade, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3DX [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 9336) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Eastbourne (0.6 miles), Hampden Park (2.2 miles), Pevensey & Westham (3.8 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 22 users)

Nuthouse, Eastbourne (0.1 miles), Shore, Eastbourne (0.1 miles), Cafe Belge, Eastbourne (0.1 miles), Bourne Inn, Eastbourne (0.2 miles), Royal Sovereign, Eastbourne (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Crown & Anchor, Eastbourne

Clean, good beers, convenient location. Well worth a visit.
hollybush33 - 11 Feb 2018 16:44
Where to start? Superb location, food, real ale, service, value and ambience, all down to the lovely landlady Heidi. As visitors, we could not have been made more welcome. Plans to go to different pubs the next two days were revised, to further enjoy this pub jewel. On a busy Sunday evening, we ordered six different dishes. They arrived together, on time, all delicious. Five plates emptied, one diner beaten by the volume. I chatted with Heidi for some time; she has applied common sense and hard work, to turn round a pub that was due to be boarded up before her arrival. Her pub deserves wider recognition; hence I have just written my first ever BITE review. Will definitely return to the C&A, on my next visit to that part of the world.
OGOT - 14 Oct 2013 14:16
Visited last weekend during the annual torchlit procession - which starts from outside the Crown and anchor. Resulted in a wonderfully surreal evening as many from the parade ended their evening in the pub resulting in goths, pirates and highwayman going back and forward to the bar - which was busy with the annual beer festival . A great jazz and soul band kicked off at 9 ..
After a wonderful Saturday night we (a party of 9 blokes in Eastbourne to finish the South Downs Way) went back to eat on Sunday . Great food (at reasonable prices) and excellent service at the bar now selling their cask real ales at £2.50 ! The landlady overheard that 3 of us had completed the SDW that day and stood us a round of tequilas - thats what makes a good pub great . Karioaki from 9 and the pub was really buzzing for a sunday night . This pub made our weekend and if you are in the area you should seek it out. I have been reading BITE reviews for the last few years but this one finally prompted me to write a review . An excellent pub - can't fault it.
Johntheboots - 13 Oct 2013 23:07
Three beers from the Greene King portfolio. Decent band on a Friday night. Friendly, efficient bar staff. A happening pub.
GazzaTheBeerMan - 27 Jul 2012 14:09
Bar staff are stunning (girls) and friendley. live music was great friday and saturday night. I had a few games of pool with locals and its right on the seafront... I will visit again.. Plus what is important was the fact the the Fosters was cold and the froth stuck to the glass as I was drinking it. I didn't try the food but it looked nice. All in all I loved the time I spent there.
pepsi2020 - 27 May 2012 23:06