The Bricklayers Arms, Fitzrovia - pub details

Bricklayers Arms

Address: 31 Gresse Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1QS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 880) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Tottenham Court Road (0.1 miles), Goodge Street (0.2 miles), Oxford Circus (0.4 miles)

Nearest train stations London Charing Cross (0.8 miles), London Euston (0.9 miles), London St Pancras (1 mile)

Brewery: Samuel Smith's
General information: Comfy sofas in the upstairs bar.

> Current user rating: 6.2/10 (rated by 66 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Wheatsheaf, Fitzrovia (0.0 miles), Bourne and Hollingsworth, Fitzrovia (0.0 miles), Jerusalem Bar, Fitzrovia (0.0 miles), Marquis of Granby, Fitzrovia (0.1 miles), Black Horse, Fitzrovia (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Bricklayers Arms, Fitzrovia

I was in here last week a couple of times for a couple of pints ( old brewery bitter). Beer was excellent , service was friendly and efficient and overall ambience was lovely and relaxing, such a bonus so near Oxford street. I will be back.
canarly - 20 Feb 2015 20:04
I had the place to myself at 2.30pm on a Tuesday, so had the undivided attention of the bar person. Being the fifth or sixth pint of the day I was up for a chat, and luckily so was he. Nothing outstanding visually, a clean & basic pub, Brewery Bitter (2.90). It is passing strange to a frequent visitor to London that perfectly good (& some outstanding) pubs, only metres from major shopping streets & tourist sites, are deserted yet others are rammed beyond comfort. Herd mentality?
Queenslander - 20 Aug 2014 23:09
Cosy, friendly and welcoming, if a little spartan in the Samuel Smith's tradition.
A hidden gem, well worth checking out if you appreciate traditional pubs.
strangetorpor - 9 Jan 2014 15:46
We were in the Bricklayers are this Sat for a friend's birthday. It was dirty, the management were very rude, and the regular were very unfriendly. This pub used to be one of my favourites, but it has obviously gone way down hill. There are lots of nice pubs in this area, and if you want a Sam Smith's pub, the Champion is a short walk away and much nicer and better run.
cebrando - 4 Nov 2013 08:55
In the heart of Fitzrovia, this is a pubI'd been meaning to visit for a while as I'd heard good things about it. I have to say though that I was somewhat disappointed on my visit. I got the impression this was very much a locals pub despite being a stones throw from Oxford Street. It was also extremely quiet when I was there, even though it was late afternoon on a saturday. The person who served me was maybe the landlady (?), and although efficient, the service was abit brusk - not rude but not particularly welcoming either.

It's a Sam Smith's pub, but in my view not one of their better ones. Would I visit this pub again? perhaps, but with so many pubs in the area, some of the competition is quite formidable.

Overall, satisfactory but a pretty unremarkable pub. It may be completely different when packed, but as I said, I wouldn't make a point of coming back unless I happen to be round the corner. The one bonus was a nice open fire in the upstairs lounge......which was almost deserted. I'll give it 6 just for that!
trebor2013 - 12 Oct 2013 18:23