Richard John Blackler, Liverpool - pub details

Richard John Blackler

Address: Units 1 & 2 Charlotte Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1HU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 8797) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.1 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.2 miles), Moorfields (0.4 miles)

Chain: Wetherspoons

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 3.8/10 (rated by 41 users)

Blob Shop, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Tess Rileys, Liverpool (0.0 miles), McHales, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Vines, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Crown, Liverpool (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Richard John Blackler, Liverpool

Called in here today (Friday 21st February 2014). Person who served us had to "get a beer turned back on", in spite of pump clip being displayed. Asked for a half of one beer, and then another half of a different beer - person serving had a quick whinge about not ordering halves at same time so she could "get the glasses together at the same time" - she had to walk all of six feet there and back to get another glass. I have been in Wetherspoons in various places but this one in Liverpool is an ignorant shambles, they seem to know nothing about basic customer service - i.e. politeness!! I'll give it a 1 for being open. Sorry, best I can do. I'm sure the Richard John Blackler can do better. Shouldn't be hard...!!

quadrantfour - 21 Feb 2014 21:11

Called in here for a pint and snack about 6.30pm last Wednesday and the place was heaving with punters, so in spite of the mainly negative BITE reviews, it must be very popular with the locals. We got the last empty table in this huge pub, but were served both food and drinks reasonably quickly. It was Day 1 of the current JDW Beer Festival. I opted for the Butcombe Haka which was excellent … even better at only £1.99 a pint.

When the rush died down a little the tables were cleared fairly quickly.

It is not the best of Wetherspoons outlets, but I have been in much worse. 7/10

steve2905 - 23 Oct 2013 06:36
There are a few JDW in Liverpool centre and this is the least intimidating. Unfortunately it continues to serve people well past the point where they are too drunk, doesn't even carry enough of the bottled and canned drinks it advertises and has woefully inadequate bar staff. Food ok tho. Truly Wetherspoons are becoming the McDonald's of the pub world. Family spending and cheap alcoholics catered for.
miffy4boys - 11 Jul 2013 19:08
Massive place with all the usual Spoons offers and problems (lack of staff). In fact although it was only 10.30 they appeared to be shutting up shop and trying to get us all out! A couple of guest beers available but I think I can survive without having to go back here again.
mcroyal - 5 Mar 2013 14:41
Without doubt probably the worst JDW that I've been in on my festival crawls up and down the country. We went in as it appears in the GBG 2013 and how it made it in there is beyond me. Besides the usual fodder ie) Abbots etc... there was half a dozen handpumps dispensing ale. After a seemingly endless wait, we got served by a blonde lady dressed differently to the staff -so I guess management or supervisor- and when we asked for a pint of two different ales, her reply was a curt "Only got that one on!" My mate asked her why she had not turned the pump clips round she just sneered. We had a pint of Abbots instead and swiftly left the place. Full of rough and ready customers and certainly not as friendly as the Crown where we first went after getting of the train. Out of 80 or so JDW I've been in it is definately the worst!
ng10 - 10 Dec 2012 10:29