The Abergavenny Arms Hotel, Frant - pub details

Abergavenny Arms Hotel

Address: Frant Road, Frant, nr Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3 9DB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 8039) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Frant (1.4 miles), Tunbridge Wells (2.5 miles), Wadhurst (2.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.0/10 (rated by 25 users)

George Inn, Frant (0.1 miles), Brecknock Arms, Bells Yew Green (1.3 miles), Bull, Tunbridge Wells (1.6 miles), Spread Eagle, Hawkenbury (1.8 miles), Nevill Crest and Gun, Eridge Green (1.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Abergavenny Arms Hotel, Frant

Much improved and modernised since being taken over retired local jeweller Richard Burrell. Gone is their awful barmaid, bat sadly only as far to the other pub in the village, The George. Very god restaurant, now with decent staff. The Wednesday night steak and lobster offering with a bottle of wine at £30 for two is worth a visit. Nice pint of Harvey's.
Nigger - 7 Dec 2015 09:45
Visited this pub at lunchtime on Tuesday. Our party of four people were all impressed by the interesting and varies menu. We were equally impressed by the food when it was delivered by a charming and helpfull waitress. I had half a braised pheasant which was tasty and cooked to perfection. The vegetables served with the pheasant were well cooked, varied and tasty. My other guests had smoked salmon and sea bass all declared their meals well above average.

I have read other reviews and feel I was at a different place. My Wife and myself have visited the pub separately several times over the last year and have always been well looked after by the charming staff and always enjoyed the food, beer and wine.
leonB - 21 Dec 2012 13:02
I recently visited this place with a friend of mine who has Down's syndrome. Naturally he was paying, so I decided to have food and so we sat down at a table near the colouring books.
The waitress approached and asked "Oym boobleh. What yews want?" A bit surprised I explained that my friend and I had come for lunch. She tutted and boldly walked away, snatched a menu from the bar and returned with a sigh - throwing the menu on the table. Regrettably I asked what today's special was and she hissed "Loik it or loomp it". In the end I had the steak and my friend just had peas.
Halfway through my meal I realised that my steak was slightly undercooked. I requested that it be cooked for a little bit longer, which isn't usually a problem. As I explained the situation to the lady she called me a "Fockin twut" and told me to "Fock off". I decided that we should call it a day and go somewhere else. After all, we didn't come here to be insulted.
As we got up to leave a very aggressive looking man wearing a ripped and blood-stained chef's uniform came rushing towards us wielding a set of nun chucks. As he came towards us he destroyed at least 30 pint glasses that were innocently sitting on the bar. This man was definitely well trained.
We ran out of the pub across the car park. The chef got into an Austin Montego estate and began to drive at us with fury in his eyes. We had to dive out of the way as he screeched past us. He did a U-turn and came pack at us. The waitress had now appeared and was throwing plates at the chef. He mowed her down violently pinning he against the outside wall. We called the police and he was later charged but then released due to lack of evidence. Suffice to say I will not be visiting again and Martin Lewis received an email the very next day.
t_northern - 10 Feb 2012 15:08
Whilst we had a decent pint (reasonable selection) the food left a lot to be desired and don't get me started on the landlady - a proper charmer. There was a slight issue with one of our dishes and we asked for it to be warmed through (if it wasn't too much trouble.) Without even looking at the dish or feeling the plate, was told that it was fine and she wouldn't warm through, she was actually quite rude - the fact that the staff seem to cower behind her suggest a great working environment. Life really is too short to get into rows with people like this so we'll take our custom elsewhere - their loss but guess they're too thick skinned to care.
redforest - 9 Feb 2012 14:50
Wonder if this Pub/ Restuarant will be on the " Hotel Inspector " series on Channel 5 soon, if not, I think someone should recommend it !!!!!......
DuncanDisorderly - 2 Jan 2012 22:20