The Prince of Wales, Ledbury - pub details

Prince of Wales

Address: Church Lane, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1DL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 7756) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Ledbury (1 mile), Colwall (4.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 32 users)

Retreat, Ledbury (0.1 miles), Feathers Hotel, Ledbury (0.1 miles), Lion, Ledbury (0.1 miles), Seven Stars, Ledbury (0.1 miles), Talbot Hotel, Ledbury (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Prince of Wales, Ledbury

The senior chap, bearded, and in sage green from hat to ankle, hobbled in again after an hour or so. "You're back. Where've you been?" asked the bar lady. "Oi've bin molin' love", he explained.

He bought a drink, as well he might. There was a fair choice.

Some ales from Wye Valley, others, apparently rebadged ones from Ringwood, and so on, but no sign of Gloom Jar anyway.

The music did appear to be genuinely home-brewed, at least in part though. Someone seemed to be a Leadbelly fan. (I tried to work out a pun involving "Ledbury", but it would perhaps have had to feature a Japanese, and it all got too complicated).

This is a pretty, multi-roomed, wattle-and-daub pub, maybe Tudor.

It seems to be about the best in this pleasant town, and I'd give it eight-out-of-ten.
Hulots_hat - 27 May 2018 20:30
Came here 3 years ago. In anything, my appreciation of this place has increased.

Superb location, atmosphere and ale.

Some photos at my walking blog - http://bit.ly/1OiZwvW
Mappiman - 8 May 2016 16:41
The best Ledbury had to offer in terms of pubs and sited amidst all the historic buildings on Church Lane. My only criticism would be that the pub does feel as if it trades on this location and rests on its laurels rather than concentrating on its own strengths. Ledbury Dark, Hobsons Best, Youngs Hummingbird, Wye Valley Butty Bach, Courage Best & Wells Eagle IPA were the 6 ales. Rosies Pig was the real cider. The front bar is traditional and the back room is nice too. Tables were being moved at the front in readiness for live music on my Sunday afternoon visit. Well worth a visit.
blue_scrumpy - 3 Aug 2015 19:39
Sadly only had time for a quick visit as we were on a coach trip but seemed an excellent pub in a really nice location.
I had a great pint of Otter,with Hobsons also on tap,and they also stock a good range of Belgian beers with live music on a Sunday afternoon.
Well worth a visit.
bromsgrovebeerboy - 4 Aug 2013 13:13
A bit of a find this. I am trying to visit the top 10 pubs in local counties on my walks. Herefordshire is a little far away from my normal list ticking, but when I stumbled on this gem of a pub, I had a feeling it would be in the list.

Stunning location - nice landlord and I had a decent pint of Otter.
Mappiman - 2 Mar 2013 15:55