The Kings Arms, Tring - pub details

Kings Arms

Address: King St, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 6BE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 7432) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Tring (2.1 miles), Wendover (4.5 miles), Cheddington (4.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.7/10 (rated by 39 users)

Castle, Tring (0.1 miles), Anchor, Tring (0.1 miles), Akeman, Tring (0.1 miles), Bell, Tring (0.2 miles), Robin Hood, Tring (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Kings Arms, Tring

This place is more-or-less perfect. Lovely atmosphere with a good range of ales from local breweries and a warm welcome from the lovely barmaid (landlady?).
Food was good too with the best chips I've had in a long while. 10/10
baxterfish - 1 May 2016 15:18
I had an excellent pint of Moongazing upon my first visit with an impressive selection of the real stuff available. Had the feel of a local's local on entering but given the location off the beaten track this is not surprising. Parking can be difficult.
Mr_ESB_Harry - 2 Oct 2014 06:25
A change of ownership at the start of 2014, has seen this near legendary Tring boozer take a step forward in its cask beer offering.

Gone is the permanent Wadsworth 6X, to be replaced by Tring Brewery's Moongazing. Four other constantly rotating real ales compliment the house hand pull and these are chosen cleverly with variety in mind. A real cask cider completes the line up.

The beer is definitely as well kept by the new landlord, Rob, but dare I say that the variety on the bar is somewhat better than before.

I haven't tried the food but reportedly it's very good too.

No need to change my 10/10 rating.
davvac - 5 May 2014 17:25
Cheap, cheap pints in here and some well known brands but the experience as so often in these country RA pubs is soured by the sight of mournful publicans suspicious of anyone whom they haven't seen before - traditional British approach but somehow always surprises me.
A barman palmed off one of my young friends with a pint which I expect could only have consisted of "slops" as it tasted of vinegar and when I returned it, the morose governor regarded me with suspicion. He almost wretched when he tasted it: despite this, he didn't apologise but agreed that it should be replaced. When I asked if there was a price differential between this pint of cat's urine and the replacement pint he dismissed my concerns with a wave denoting largesse on his part. In fact, it turned out that the replacement pint was cheaper!

Other details: a large courtyard if you like a smoke, brightly lit interior somewhat retro. Difficult to get to and cramped parking.

I may have been a tad unlucky or caught them on a bad night, but I will not be returning.

reala - 30 Aug 2013 13:13
Outstanding local with six real ales rotating on tap and friendly welcome. It was packed of a Saturday night despite - strangely - only being open from an extremely tardy 7pm. Wall notices indicate that quizzery and darts are both taken very seriously here. A long, long way from public transport and Tring's almost invisible bus service but well worth seeking out.
BoehmBawerk - 27 Jan 2013 21:03