The Tipperary, Fleet Street - pub details

Tipperary
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 66 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1HT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 729) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Blackfriars (0.3 miles), Chancery Lane (0.4 miles), Temple (0.4 miles)

Nearest DLR station Bank (0.9 miles)

Nearest train stations City Thameslink (0.2 miles), Blackfriars (0.3 miles), Farringdon (0.5 miles)

General information: The oldest Irish pub in London. Look out for the mosaic on the floor.

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 54 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Hack and Hop, Fleet Street (0.0 miles), Coach and Horses, Fleet Street (0.0 miles), Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street (0.0 miles), King and Keys, Fleet Street (0.0 miles), Harrow, City Of London (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Tipperary, Fleet Street

I went there lunchtime. They've narrowed the pub. It's now really thin and i'm fuming. The bar is very long (too far to walk it's length) and there are so many people in the way. I'm thinking of drinking elsewhere from now on. A bloke even asked me for money to get into the pub today ... he didn't work there but i felt too intimidated to say "no". This is just part of my life at the moment. People think i'm a pushover when i'm clearly not. I want to be that rainbow in someones life but end up being a down-pour. I'll revisit the Tip one more time just to see if they widen the pub again ... however, i suspect they won't due to building regulations.

Ben Baptiste - DAC Beachcroft - Original
dsuter - 28 Apr 2016 16:01
Back when Fleet Street was where newspapers were printed, this was the pub where the Daily Telegraph journos, and inkies drank.

how they all got in is anybody's guess,
but several couples eventually got married after meeting here.
Leftinthepub44 - 17 Dec 2015 17:03
Reputedly the first Irish pub in London, the pub is long and narrow, making it very difficult to pass people. This was my second visit here and we chose to go upstairs, which was slightly quieter. But there were still no seats. There was another serving area on the first floor, but this wasn't manned. Presumably this is used for private parties. I hadn't recalled any real ales here on my previous visit. But sure enough, there were 3 this time - Marstons Pedigree, Ruddles County & Sharps Doom Bar. Another Fleet Street pub with a nice interior.
blue_scrumpy - 26 Jan 2014 17:48
Went here before I ventured across the road to the Olde Cheshire Cheese and I'm glad I did it that way round. Good pub but not in the same league as the Cheese. Is Fleet Street on the tourist trail? Seems to me that the pubs are infinitely better this side of London, not yet been ruined.
beernotfood - 18 Dec 2013 22:33
You walk in here and go back in time, a long bar but the depth of the room is sufficiently narrow that two-deep is quite enough! A clock which is stuck at 1735 convinces you that you could easy, "have one more!"

You are in tourist territory but the place doesn't seem to be full of tourists and, as a suit wearer City bod, it isn't packed with EC4 camouflage which is refreshing!

Old school, I will be back!
NLBS - 23 Oct 2013 17:07