The Old Ale House, Salisbury - pub details

Old Ale House
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: Crane Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2QD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6770) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Salisbury (0.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 26 users)

Kings Head, Salisbury (0.1 miles), Slug and Lettuce, Salisbury (0.1 miles), Cosy Club, Salisbury (0.1 miles), Wig and Quill, Salisbury (0.1 miles), New Inn, Salisbury (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Old Ale House, Salisbury

One of the best pubs experienced on my stay in Salisbury. Many other pubs here have a focus on tour groups & food, naturally enough in a tourism hotspot, but this one is happily normal, and only a stone's throw from the Cathedral. Food available (I think) but I was there for beer, an XPA Golden Ale (3.50) which was quite good. Friendly bar bloke, not many customers so service was prompt. Top pub.
Queenslander - 2 Oct 2015 23:15
Not great, ale was off, place looked tired and it was quiet given a friday night. Plenty better pubs in salisbury.
odbod - 6 Mar 2014 14:30
I always drop in here when I'm in Salisbury. Reasonably well kept ales, mixed types and ages of clientele, decent atmosphere, good staff. It's a good pub but maybe not a super pub. A tad pricey maybe. There's reasonable pub grub at lunch time.
legspin - 21 Nov 2009 21:19
Visited yesterday and I'm afraid I can only describe the place as RANK! Used to use it on crawls a while ago as it had a half decent selection of Ales and usually no fools in the vicinity,but the selection was uninspiring with 6X, Courage Best,Deuchars IPA & OSH on offer. Had to hand back the IPA which was exchanged for an OK OSH but my 6X was left cloudy and half unfinished as I chose to leave with my GF. I RARELY leave a pint if ever! Very poor.
dotball - 4 Jul 2009 08:48
I like this pub - beer is always decent, the clientele is mixed. It's a good place to hide in when you want to escape from the wife.
ETA - 4 Nov 2008 13:22