The Grafton Arms, Kentish Town - pub details

Grafton Arms

Address: 20 Prince of Wales Road, London, NW5 3LG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6535) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Kentish Town West (0.1 miles), Kentish Town (0.4 miles), Chalk Farm (0.5 miles)

Nearest train stations Kentish Town West (0.1 miles), Kentish Town (0.3 miles), Camden Road (0.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.7/10 (rated by 18 users)

Camden Town Brewery Bar, Kentish Town (0.1 miles), Tapping the Admiral, Camden Town (0.1 miles), Prince of Wales, Kentish Town (0.1 miles), George IV, Kentish Town (0.1 miles), Abbey, Kentish Town (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Grafton Arms, Kentish Town

Cavernous and massively gentrified, service was nonetheless pleasant and a scotch egg to die for. Beer options were acceptably wide without being exciting.
BoehmBawerk - 25 Mar 2018 17:03
This large ex crap hole of a pub is now very trendy , I understand it sells good food but it’s the appreance in the Good Beer Guide for the last couple of years that had me visiting on a Tuesday night visit for the first time.

From the 8 hand pumps there were 4 ales and 1 real cider on. My pint of Purity Ubu was okay but I’ve had better pint’s of this ale before. Cracking interior with lots of restored features including the very attractive tiled bar spelling out the name The Grafton, in addition there’s wooden flooring throughout and large windows.

This visit was made on pub quiz night which most of the pub were participating in. I didn’t venture up to the garden area, it’s a really nice pub but very trendy and not as homely feeling as the ‘Admiral.

Still another one ticked in the area.
lezford - 3 Nov 2016 14:22
Great pub - loads of room, loads of beer choice and the landlord was wonderfully kept.

Recommended.

Photos at my walking blog - http://bit.ly/21Jz75P
Mappiman - 4 Mar 2016 12:35
The Grafton is a large pub near to Kentish Town West station. It has a large room downstairs with a central island bar. I went upstairs to see if it was any quieter. But it was busy there too. So I went back downstairs and propped up the bar. Ales were Sambrooks Wandle, Purity Mad Goose, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Moncada Notting Hill Amber & By The Horns Stiff Upper Lip. Cider was Westons Rosie's Pig. Supposed to offer a CAMRA discount. But I certainly wasn't offered it. But nevertheless a fairly nice pub.
blue_scrumpy - 30 Sep 2015 22:20
Very nice, very nice indeed. I'd walked past this place a couple of times in the not-too-distant past, but had always been in a rush to get somewhere else and as such not been able to pop in even though it looked very tempting. Finally on Saturday evening I found myself in the area and with an hour or so to spare, so I persuaded my mate to take a chance on a bit of a stroll off the route to our destination ( a gig at The Forum) to check it out and my decision paid dividends.
The exterior looks like a grand old corner pub and the interior is a light and airy space with lots of nice plain wood furniture to nurse your pint at. They seem to have done a good job of the difficult juggling act of maintaining some of the best features of a classic old pub building (the half-tiled/half dark-wood bar) and more modernizing touches. The pints you relax with can come from their range of real ales (the two we tried were both very quaffable),a regular range of bitters and ales or their fairly standard lagers. There is also a fair old wine list range of spirits and mixed drinks on offer. Prices are surprisingly affordable for this kind of pub in this area and service was first-class. All in all thoroughly pleasant, and highly recommended.
Mr.Monkfish - 9 Aug 2015 17:26