The Arkley Hotel, Barnet - pub details

Address: Barnet Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 3EP [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6497) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations New Barnet (2.1 miles), Hadley Wood (2.4 miles), Oakleigh Park (2.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.3/10 (rated by 19 users)

Lord Nelson, Barnet (0.4 miles), Alexandra, Barnet (0.4 miles), Sebright Arms, Barnet (0.6 miles), Black Horse, Barnet (0.7 miles), Albion, Barnet (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Arkley Hotel, Barnet

booked a table here last week for a birthday. Booked for 4pm and only got the table at 4.30. At 4.45 they came to take our order and when we ordered the sunday roasts we were told they had run out. Why did they give us the menus if they were close to running out , we were a group of 10 people so they should have known better?

Waiter had the I cant be bothered attitude, manager was not very helpful or apologetic either.
Having read other reviews I wish i hadnt bothered with this place, a complete let down.

Staff are rude and unhelpful and dont know what good customer service is. Dont bother going here unless desperate, other reviews imply food is microwaved so I m guessing we didnt miss much.

Definately going to avoid this place from now on.
tullster - 14 Aug 2011 13:34
Don't know what the genius in the kitchen was doing on my visit but it certainly wasn't cooking! Defrosting possibly!
stemginger - 16 Feb 2011 13:37
This was my first visit to this pub, recommended by a friend and i loved it. Stopped just for a beer and a quick catch up with a friend and ended up having a great dinner and a few more beers, Loved the specials of the day, this place has got a genius in the kitchen, beers in great condition.
Lucarava - 26 Oct 2010 16:11
Decent but overpriced food and average beer.
GaryB007 - 5 Sep 2010 23:37
Was driving past last night and noticed that the old tired Ember Inn had been made over so decided to stop and try the place out for a quick one.
Oh dear, another Gastro restaurant makeover where Footballers wives meets Ikea, firmly aimed at the well heeled residents of Arkley and Barnet who have more money than common sense, and I didnít know whether to laugh or cry.
For the record the beers available were TT Landlord, Doombar and a third pump which was unclipped. The TT Landlord was fine, but be prepared to remortgage first.
Felt duly bound to peruse the menu, because I got the feeling that I may be ejected if I didnít commit to spending more than a pint. At that point I decided to laugh.
If the local Chelsea tractor crowd are suckered in to paying that much for a plate of pretentious nosh, just to be seen, then who am I to begrudge them and they are welcome to it.
I will continue to drive past to the real pubs remaining in Barnet.

Gann - 14 Jul 2010 21:58