The Blue Ball, Walton On The Hill - pub details

Blue Ball
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: Deans Lane, Walton-on-the-Hill, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 7UE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6196) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Tadworth (0.6 miles), Kingswood (1.6 miles), Tattenham Corner (1.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.6/10 (rated by 24 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

Fox and Hounds, Walton On The Hill (0.3 miles), Bell, Walton On The Hill (0.3 miles), Chequers, Walton On The Hill (0.4 miles), Blue Anchor, Tadworth (0.6 miles), Dukes Head, Tadworth (0.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Blue Ball, Walton On The Hill

Closed, sadly.
sussexfox - 24 Aug 2012 10:03
I found the seats high, the beer long, the food reasonably priced, edibly so.
The service forthwith and the time becoming.
I shall be returning.
cavalieri - 2 Feb 2012 19:38
Pleasant outside seating area , but service has gone downhill. I asked if my meal was supposed to come with chips and was told "no". I checked on the menu and it was , obviously too much of an effort.
bionicdog - 25 Sep 2011 19:00
Definately won't be coming back! I read some bad reviews here but I decided to give it a try, but honestly I shouldn't even bother. The food was average, drinks were ok, still expensive but so its around the area, ladies toilets (disgusting!!), service a big OMG! Stay away!
Anna02 - 22 Sep 2011 15:56
Can't believe the change in this place in a year and a half and not for the better. The ladies toilets absolutely stink of urine, they smell as bad as the very worst public toilets I have ever been in, they do appear fairly clean but the smell is stomach churning.
It was late Sunday afternoon/early evening and we have never seen the place so quiet, could it be the price increases? We noticed everything on the menu had gone up by 1-1.50 and house wine by the bottle was about 2 more.
The service has always been very good and the Manageress always there but nowhere to be seen and the waitress was both unfamiliar with the menu and when asked questions was rude and defensive! There were actually more waiting staff than diners but 2 did everything whilst 2 chatted. The people on the table next to us asked for a pint of St Clements, the waitress came back to check it was ok as would be 6!!!!!!! unbelievable.
Food was good and hearty portions as usual, but that was the only saving grace, would we go back? doubtful. A shame because this was our regular haunt when our children were younger as such a varied menu. In these hard times when most restaurants are offering special deals it seems madness to up the prices when you down the amount of diners at the same time.
yummummy - 18 Jul 2011 14:46