The Narrow Boat, Skipton - pub details

Address: 38, Victoria St, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1JE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5644) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Skipton (0.3 miles), Cononley (3.3 miles), Gargrave (4.1 miles)

Chain: Market Town Taverns

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.7/10 (rated by 50 users)

Beer Engine, Skipton (0.0 miles), Royal Shepherd Inn, Skipton (0.0 miles), Woolly Sheep Inn, Skipton (0.1 miles), Cock and Bottle, Skipton (0.1 miles), Early Doors, Skipton (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Narrow Boat, Skipton

I quite liked the Narrow Boat. It would easily be the best pub in Skipton if it wasn't for the exorbitant pricing. £5.70 for a pint of real cider is really taking the mickey. I paid it as there were 2 ciders I hadn't tried before. But that's well above the going rate. Ales appeared to be much cheaper. It was almost as if they were trying to link real cider to the overpriced craft beer scene. Ales on offer were Ilkley Mary Jane, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Black Sheep Golden Sheep, Okells Bitter, Bristol Beer Factory Nova, Kirkstall Slightly Sworded & Anarchy Hard Times. Portobello Star was being pulled through. The 2 ciders were Lyme Bay Sundown Apricot & Pulp Rhubarb. They also had Gwynt y Ddraig Two Trees Perry, which was cheaper. Normally my type of pub and probably still the second best in the town. Just a shame about the pricing.
blue_scrumpy - 27 Jul 2016 20:33
Great selection of real and other ales (especially continental beers served in authentic glasses) and six British draft ciders. Ales incude Black Sheep, Copper Dragon and Taylor Landlord. Church pews are an interesting twist. Good service.
TappedAleChick - 31 Mar 2015 20:59
Great range of beers. The ones we had were in excellent condition. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. will be back next time we are in Skipton.
SpicedVice - 2 Nov 2014 15:17
An excellent and very atmospheric Skipton pub. A great range of beer, cosy and very much a traditional and locals' pub in the best way.
rainlight - 29 Oct 2014 06:50

It is no wonder that the Narrow Boat seems to be a permanent fixture in the BITE list of top 20 pubs. OK, it's not perfect, but it does have an excellent selection of very well kept ales.

For old time's sake, I opted for the Okell's Bitter which is brewed on the Isle of Man and which I drank many pints of in my younger days when visiting my parents who lived on the island. I cannot fault the beer, or the young ladies who served me.

Our meals (there were four of us) were all excellent too. For me, the downsides are that it is rather dark and seems a little claustrophobic and the former church pews, which are used for seating, are not very comfortable. But it was heaving when we left and definitely well worth an 8/10.

steve2905 - 30 May 2014 04:36