King Lud, Ryde - pub details

King Lud

Address: 2, Esplanade, Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33 2DY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5540) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Ryde Esplanade (0 miles), Ryde St. Johns Road (0.6 miles), Smallbrook Junction (1.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.2/10 (rated by 20 users)

Redan, Ryde (0.1 miles), Royal Squadron, Ryde (0.1 miles), Marine, Ryde (0.1 miles), Bar 53, Ryde (0.1 miles), Bud Island Bar, Ryde (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of King Lud, Ryde

If they changed the pubs name to King Turd it would be far more fitting!
BeerGutt - 12 Dec 2015 17:20
Very good range of real ale, however the beer was disappointingly warm on my visit. Scruffy inside with similar dubious looking clientele. Live music consisted of a few guys who sounded very drunk singing in the style of 'a club singer'. Not the sort of place to take the family, surprising it survives right on the front where tourist choice usually defines if a pub survives or not. Maybe they were having a bad day with the beer, maybe not?
manx_888 - 18 Oct 2015 18:40
A good range of of beer but pretty basic inside. Smaller inside than it seems from the outside. Could do with a spruce up.
ramblethenlunch - 16 May 2014 17:32
I cannot comment on the beer but had a very dissapoining experience here. I suggest if you are do not speak in the local dialect you may be refused entry. I visited with my colleagues all of which work for the same charity that I am the founder of to celibrate a birthday. I was the designated driver so had not been drinking, on entry the doorman refused me entry and the rest of my team inside which I found very hard to comprehend his actions. Needless to say I withdrew our team and we went elsewhere. It appears if your in your 20s and look as you have dressed like you cant be bothered your allowed in. If you speak well and dress well and act well dont bother unless your female of course..
iwrep - 2 May 2013 10:17
Much improved. The beer is well kept. I have tried the food and is of good quality. Pub very convenient for bus, trains & ferries.
the_islander - 29 Jan 2012 14:38