The Hatch Inn, Colemans Hatch - pub details

Address: Colemans Hatch, nr Forest Row, Hartfield, East Sussex, TN7 4EJ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5482) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Ashurst (5.3 miles), East Grinstead (5.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.9/10 (rated by 25 users)
> Local guide: East Sussex pub guide

Gallipot Inn, Hartfield (1.5 miles), Foresters Arms, Forest Row (2.0 miles)

user reviews of the Hatch Inn, Colemans Hatch

The best pub I've been to this year based on my visit yesterday. Barmaid was very chatty and welcoming, telling me about the pub and the current landlord. 4 ales on offer which is nothing exceptional but well kept. We didn't eat or even peruse the menu so can't comment on the food or prices. It's the gardens (and the previously mentioned toilets) that score this place extra points. Truly lovely.
filf - 1 Sep 2013 19:47
Things have gone wrong at The Hatch. Possibly the worst person I've ever had the misfortune of meeting solely operating the bar. So slow I felt like I wanted to serve myself. The person had either sadly had a stroke or was just drunk. No hello, no goodbye, no personality, no anything. If the person who owns this pub is reading this, it must be very obvious who the employee is, do yourself a favour and fire them. It's going to loose yourself a whole load of future business and reading the other reviews may have cost you already. I love this pub otherwise!
alfpoland - 8 Aug 2012 22:26
Shocked by some of the more recent reviews on here. This is THE BEST pub in the country. I used to do a 70 mile round trip from South London for dinner or lunch and now that I live about 12 miles away still love it as much as ten years ago.
blueclarkson - 3 May 2012 20:07
Village pub, nice to look at from outside. Inside is very small and dominated by locals. Service is exceedingly slow and the prices are ridiculous. 5.35 for a diet coke and a pint of 3.4% Larkins beer. Couldn't afford another visit if I wanted to go back.
foamy - 22 Sep 2011 19:40
Why would anyone go to this over-priced pretentious and unfriendly place when the very wonderful Gallipot Inn is about half a mile away?

The Gallipot is not on BITE (I know - I HAVE suggested it, but things on BITE are moving even slower than ever at present) but you can Google it. It's just a bit south of Hartfield.
LDW - 13 Mar 2011 00:16