The Island Queen, Islington - pub details

Island Queen

Address: 87, Noel Rd, London, N1 8HD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5282) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Angel (0.4 miles), Old Street (0.7 miles), Barbican (0.9 miles)

Nearest train stations Essex Road (0.6 miles), Old Street (0.7 miles), London Barbican (1 mile)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 119 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Narrow Boat, Islington (0.1 miles), Duke of Cambridge, Islington (0.1 miles), Earl of Essex, Islington (0.1 miles), Prince of Wales, Islington (0.1 miles), Charles Lamb, Angel, Islington (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Island Queen, Islington

I liked this place and so did everyone in our group. Nice high ceilings with pillars holding it up. This what a Victorian pub used to look like, with all the mirrors as well.
Not a good selection of cask ales, but a varied selection of "Craft Ales".
We would go again.
rpf1955 - 15 Dec 2016 15:47
Very smart looking pub with a central bar, high ceiling and lots of glass and mirrors.
The clientele were on the young side.
Had a couple of decent beers, Apus Navigation and Ilkley Mary Jane.
Not the best pub about but not the worst either.

outtamehead - 31 Dec 2015 01:17
Smaller than it seems pub in middle of gentrified houses. Lots of etched glass and the like. The barman is one of the hardest working bartenders I have come across. The beer was excellent (Sambrook's Lavender Hill @ £4.10 per pint) and very good food. Definitely one to revisit.
simontheeditor - 24 Jun 2014 10:40
Love my local. Gorgeous interior and great food. Everyone complains that it is loud but it is a PUB get a life if you complain.
Johnnythunders - 19 Dec 2013 16:54
Beautiful looking pub, but I think our party were not what they really like to encourage drinking there. I say that because the service we received would have been entirely justified had I mounted the bar and defecated on a photo of the barman's dead grandmother, but as I hadn't I can only put it down to the fact he was just having a bad day. Or I wasn't young or beautiful enough.
alladinbeer - 15 Sep 2013 20:14