Watership Down, Freefolk Priors - pub details

Address: Freefolk, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7NJ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5254) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Whitchurch - Hants (1.3 miles), Overton (2.5 miles), Micheldever (4.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.7/10 (rated by 24 users)

Prince Regent, Whitchurch (0.9 miles), Railway Hotel, Whitchurch (1.2 miles), White Hart Hotel, Whitchurch (1.3 miles), Kings Arms, Whitchurch (1.4 miles), Harvest Home, Whitchurch (1.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Watership Down, Freefolk Priors

This is a restaurant first and foremost. Having said that there was a mini beer festival when I visited! Not quite PC in it's decor as they had 'fur' throws over some of the seating in the dining area (this will upset animal rights campaigners!!). The beer was nothing but average. It ok, wont bother again.
wolvesfan - 8 May 2014 12:43
A slightly unusual pub, visited on a bright crisp Autumn day.
The cream painted tables were decorated with hand painted green and red dragons. The dragon & maidens theme also feature in some of the artwork adorning adjacent walls. Beer on offer was Sadler’s Haunted House, Boon Doggle soon replaced by Doom Bar, and Ringwood’s Best, two of which we sampled and were fine.
We were divided in opinion on the food. Stuffed hearts were enjoyed by one of our number, another although at first uncertain about his pale sausages, nevertheless enjoyed the meal. I was less impressed with the chicken & mushroom pie, the pastry of which had collapsed into the filling, resulting in a solid layer of stodge.

Hellskitchen - 11 Dec 2011 13:01
Went there tonight for the local quiz league match, and I was VERY impressed. 3 real ales on and a perry as well! Beer was of superb quality and the landlord very friendly.
robfrancis - 14 Mar 2011 22:55
On first sight not a bad village pub. However, visited yesterday and the beer was below average. You can't normally go wrong with a Ringwood Best but this was swan necked at it's average. Also the pub was full of young Mums feeding their babes whist having a coffee and blokes who had obviously told the missus they were taking the dog for a walk! Get your beer right and it wouldn't really matter!
N.Barber2 - 7 Nov 2010 19:34
Visited the Watership for the first time last night since my last comment on the place. I must admit I was delighted with the way the pub has changed since the previous owners left. Greeted by a very friendly and efficient barmaid, two pints of Ringwood Best went down a treat. Other beers on at the time included Cumberland Ale and Hobgoblin. I didn't have any food sadly, but judging by the size of the meals I saw, I will have to try them when I'm next in the area.

A greatly improved pub. Keep up the good work!
robfrancis - 13 Mar 2010 10:41