The Fox and Hounds, Christmas Common - pub details

Address: Christmas Common, Watlington, Oxfordshire, OX49 5HL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4978) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 4.4/10 (rated by 30 users)

Carriers Arms, Watlington (1.5 miles), Fox and Hounds, Watlington (1.7 miles), Crown, Pishill (1.8 miles), Chequers, Watlington (1.9 miles)

user reviews of the Fox and Hounds, Christmas Common

Went to this pub back in 2004 and to be honest after all the hype it received I was very dissapointed. I had a ploughmans lunch, which is so easy to get right except in this case the bread was stale and the cheese was sweaty. Fast Forward now to 2010, we walked on Watlington Hill on New Years Day and decided to give the Top Fox a second chance, it was a decision worth making, I had the Welsh Rarebit to start and the All Day Breakfast, which I really enjoyed. Others had the Butternut Squash Soup and Fish & Chips which were well received too. The condition of the Brakspears Beer was excellent as was the attentitive nature the staff despite the pub being packed. We shall certainly be visiting again :)
Pukkapint - 9 Jan 2010 15:51