The Station Inn, Whitby - pub details

Station Inn
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6] [image 7] [image 8] [image 9] [image 10]

Address: New Quay Road, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO21 1DH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4841) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Whitby (0.1 miles), Ruswarp (1.2 miles), Sleights (2.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.7/10 (rated by 48 users)

Big Angel, Whitby (0.0 miles), Plough, Whitby (0.0 miles), Black Swan, Whitby (0.0 miles), Raw, Whitby (0.0 miles), Wellington, Whitby (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of The Station Inn, Whitby

This is a good pub but to be top in the Bite rated pubs is giving it far too much credit, in my opinion there a far better pubs across Britain and if I'm totally honest this pub might not even be the number one in Whitby which I'd give to the little angel.
Thelittleman - 3 May 2016 15:25
We arrived in Whitby for a couple of hours on our way to Teeside. Lunch to be had and the wife wanted a wander around town so out of the 3 pubs I wanted tick I made a decision to make the Station Inn the one pub I visited.

As the name suggests its opposite the station and has an assortment of railway artifacts on the walls.

8 cask ales on, a good and varied choice I plumped for a half of Whitby Breweries Platform 3 @ 3.6%. There's also real cider in Weston's and there are also fruit wines available.

Not many people in during our afternoon visit bit it's obviously a popular pub and is worthy of another visit when I came back to do the other 2 I missed
lezford - 5 Oct 2014 08:23
Best of the Whitby pubs I visited on a warm July day. Had a pint of Thwaites something or other, which was nice enough. I like UK beer but being a thick Aussie can only tell the difference between brown flat & yellow fizzy, and I prefer the brown. Publican was friendly. Highlight for me was a spirited conversation with another drinker, a fully cassocked Catholic priest. We didn't have time to solve all the world's problems but we covered a few.
Queenslander - 18 Aug 2014 23:09
Good range of beers including Platform 3 from local Whitby Brewery
Rocky53 - 13 Jul 2014 10:07
Still THE place to go in Whitby for ale choice.
Steamer1 - 12 Jul 2014 12:33