The Flying Scotsman, Caledonian Road - pub details

Flying Scotsman

Address: 4 Caledonian Road, London, N1 9DU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4710) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations King's Cross St. Pancras (0.1 miles), Euston (0.6 miles), Russell Square (0.7 miles)

Nearest train stations London Kings Cross (0.1 miles), London Kings Cross - Thameslink (0.1 miles), London St Pancras (0.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 47 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, North London pub guide

Simmons, Kings Cross (0.0 miles), Millers, Caledonian Road (0.0 miles), King Charles I, Kings Cross (0.1 miles), 6 St Chad's Place, Kings Cross (0.1 miles), Fellow, Camden (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Flying Scotsman, Caledonian Road

Went in last night; 8:55pm one of the strippers, around 5 5" asked me for a pound as I waited at the main bar to get served...., to go round to the stage area to the right to see her performance.....she said....'seeeeee the show' in a Spain or Eastern accent. I put a pound in her glass, moved round to the stage area to see the show. The same girl approached me,' A pound pleeeeas'
'I just gave you one , 25 seconds ago!' I said. No you didn't, wasn't me she said, giving a very wide grin.....a pound please?
I left, disgusted at the scam, which is good, because customers do no get a receipt.... I had no proof she was lying and was so would have been asked to leave if I did not give her another £1
punter6 - 9 May 2014 09:59
I'm the sad bugger who went in to look at the interior as this is listed in CAMRA's Inventory of Classic London pubs (even though it doesn't sell real ales). You can see what it must have looked like years agao even though it is dark and pretty dingy inside. How boring is that - but yes I did chip in my quid and watch a pleasant little girl take her clothes off!!
mcroyal - 4 Mar 2012 10:51
Agree this place is an institution and jewel in Londonís Crown. A last chance saloon for the weary traveller, long may it continue. Had couple of beers in here after a long train journey south, pleasantly surprised
scarr - 12 Feb 2012 13:15
Last time I passed by in a taxi, it looked like it had closed down. As the taxi waited at the traffic lights at the Caledonian/Pentonville Rd jn, I noticed the pub name scrawled on a blackboard in chalk! I was then pleasantly surprised to see a patron take his leave via a side exit....the pub was still open!!
Through the doorway, I could just make out the dirtiest stripping music of all time - aka the 'Grange Hill' TV theme. Then the lights changed to green and I was brought back to an unwelcome reality.
senberbex - 27 Jan 2012 17:08
A jewel in the crown among the pubs of its kind.
It is what it is and god forbid it ever changes.
Don't going expecting fine ales and a seat, but do go for some harmless entertainment and a swift pint of lager.......get your pound coins at the ready!
drinker73 - 20 Nov 2011 20:21