Ye Olde Six Bells, Horley - pub details

Ye Olde Six Bells
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: Church Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8AD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4683) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Horley (0.7 miles), Gatwick Airport (1.3 miles), Salfords (2.5 miles)

Chain: Vintage Inns

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 33 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

Air Balloon, Horley (0.4 miles), Yates's, Gatwick Airport (0.5 miles), Foresters, Horley (0.5 miles), Jack Fairman, Horley (0.6 miles), Gatwick, Horley (0.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Ye Olde Six Bells, Horley

Popped in here before going on hols from nearby Gatwick. Beer was very good unfortunately the choice was limited. The food and service was also very good and they found us a table for 6 at short notice. Will certainly come in here again. I recommend others to do the same even if you are not using Gatwick.
paulbeckett - 18 Aug 2013 13:11
Was in for lunch today with an old chum. Ale OK, food zero. The "Bells" was one of our airport pubs back in the late 60s etc., now tis just a "I think I'm a gastro pub" location.

blobsplatt - 29 Apr 2013 19:44
Food quality was not bad but the portions were hit or miss, Sunday roast was good however I do expect more than 8 chips with a 10 burger.

On arrival I was greeted by my pet hate "please wait here to be seated" sign, never a good introduction esspecailly as the place was almost empty. To make mattes worse we had a noisy family group with 3 kids seated next to us, this is meant to be a pub not a branch of bloody Starbucks, kids should not be allowed in pubs.

Beer wise I stuck to the excellent Apsalls although I did notice a dinner having to send his very cloudy pint of Doombar back, which was in fairness exchanged for a Pride with no questions.

To be honest I was very disapointed having used this pub for the last 5 years I don't expect to back anytime soon. It is not a pub whatsover anymore, it is simply dedicated to food sadly drinkers do not appear to be welcome here any longer. As they have loads of Gatwick hotels and B&B's close by they do not have to try very hard to get punters.

A real crying shame as it is a lovely building and it used to be so much better. Vintage Inns, thank you very much for totally screwing up a good pub.
kevmac - 3 Jun 2012 21:57
The food at this pub has gone rapidly downhill. At the weekend we waited almost an hour at lunchtime for our main course despite the pub being fairly empty, and when it arrived the portions were small and bland. We also asked if they could serve baked beans instead of garden peas for our grandson with his scampi and chips and were told they 'were not allowed to do this' for a reason I could not understand.

The ale (London Pride) was excellent however as was the cider (Aspalls). But this is not a drinkers pub and the food let it down badly. We all rated the food as mediocre. We will not be visiting again.
daveswan - 7 May 2012 08:11
Used to eat and drink there regularly, for over 10 years, but the new landlord has taken the pub/restaurant down hill, food portions have got smaller, they don't want people drinking there, just want Tourists as they don't complain and often wont return. Many locals refuse to go there now as they fill uncomfortable with the situation, my advice is if you can get served is have a drink and eat somewhere else.
Becks56 - 5 May 2012 13:54