Aragon House, Parsons Green - pub details

Address: 247-249, New Kings Road, London, SW6 4XG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4661) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Parsons Green (0.2 miles), Putney Bridge (0.5 miles), Fulham Broadway (0.6 miles)

Nearest train stations Wandsworth Town (1 mile), West Brompton (1.1 miles), Putney (1.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.3/10 (rated by 21 users)

Duke On The Green, Fulham (0.0 miles), White Horse, Parsons Green (0.1 miles), Ghillies, Parsons Green (0.1 miles), Pen, Parsons Green (0.2 miles), Eclipse, Fulham (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Aragon House, Parsons Green

Should/could be so much better.
Saturday lunchtime: fairly busy, but by no means swamped.
Peroni, at four quid a pint, was flat and poor. Real ales kept so badly as to be undrinkable - served with bits floating around!
Staff, however, couldn't care less. Surly and doing only as much as they have to in order to avoid being sacked, it seems.
Lots of other good pubs nearby - I suggest you try them.

archie50 - 13 Aug 2011 17:12
I regularly use this Great place, it is not a Night Club, and is only licensed till 12 midnight at weekends, a good starting point.
I was there on the night you played (If thats what you call it) it had been the usual great night until then!
you were right about the Garden being busy, its because your mob struck up!
I told the management that they should book you everytime that they wanted the place cleared early LOL.
You should rename your shamble of a band from "4 Hours" to "THE BOILED EGGS"
Everyone had enough after 3 minutes.
Dont ring me.
Barrsleak - 6 Oct 2010 12:54
I recently visited Aragon House as my band 4Hours were gigging there. We had been promised a really good night, with crowds pouring in because they all love live music.
THIS WAS NOT THE CASE.
The pub itself is massive - 3 separate areas, 2 with a bar. The 'end' of the pub (the right hand end) is where the live bands were playing. The room wasn't huge but enough to hold 40/50 people. There was a BBQ going, food was lovely, 9 a burger though, bit expensive! The beer was expensive too, and they were understaffed (Germany had just played in the 3rd place play off in the World Cup, it was heaving!), which meant a good 10minute wait just to get served.
As the night went on, people plainly left. By the time we gigged, there were 3 people in the room, of which we knew all 3. The outside garden area was mildly busy, but considering this was a Saturday night, it was dead.
Let this be a warning to all bands being promised 'fantastic gigs' at Aragon House - you are being misled. Also, the equipment was SHOCKING, there wasn't a sound man and the DJ played 3 songs after us before the Landlord told him to pack up and leave as it was too quite (this was about 11.45pm). Great pub to start your night, but don't expect to stay there anytime after 10.30!
dufferman - 21 Jul 2010 14:04
I recently visited the Aragon house for a friends 30th birthday party and really wasn't expecting much from this place on the outside. But wow was i impressed with the atmosphere that i was presented with. Not only where the staff helpful and always smiling (music selection was enjoyable). The crowd that was there where well polished and friendly as well. The drinks reasonably priced for this area and the burger I had was epic for a tenner. The Garden is an added bonus and look forward to coming here kicking my feet up and enjoying my next birthday here with my mates. This place would be a great place to watch world cup footie too.

KissMeKwik - 4 May 2010 10:51
We came in today for lunch there were 3 of us. We ordered 2 burgers and a goats cheese on toast. We waited just over an hour for our meal. The burgers came out, 1 of them was wrong and then 10 minutes after I was informed that the goat's cheese had run out. This should have been told to me when I ordered and paid for my meal. I ordered a salad in place of it and was told it would take another 30 minutes. Eventually it came, not as I had ordered it. When asked to speak to the manager we were told he couldn't come to us, we had to go and find him by the waiter who had NO clue. We went in to complain and were then informed that there was no manager there! The waiter also informed us that they were unable to refund our money! This is absolutely shocking. On a sunny Sunday afternoon, you should be more prepared. Very unprofessional. Never again and I have let my VERY large circuit of friends to boycott this place, as well as the people around us today, who as sat there made bookings more lunch elsewhere. It's a shambles and you ought to be ashamed. We also had two rounds of drinks, with the same order each time and they were different prices.
heavensdevil3 - 11 Apr 2010 16:21