The Old House at Home, Romsey - pub details

Old House at Home

Address: 62 Love Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8DE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4648) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Romsey (0.3 miles), Dunbridge (2.8 miles), Redbridge (5.2 miles)

Brewery: Fullers

> Current user rating: 5.7/10 (rated by 20 users)

William IV, Romsey (0.0 miles), Olive Tree, Romsey (0.0 miles), Tavern, Romsey (0.1 miles), Tudor Rose, Romsey (0.1 miles), Abbey Hotel, Romsey (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Old House at Home, Romsey

A twee sanitised Fuller's Luncheon Club with a token non-Fuller's brew on offer. It looks like a pub from the outside it just doesn't feel like one and the ale wasn't too great.
Snarling_Mallard - 18 Feb 2017 22:59
Went in here about twelve months ago, the ales all had a distinctly strange 'metal' taste. I visited this pub again some months back, in October in believe and I'm glad to report the beer is much improved. The HSB was spot on and the 'Pride' tasted as it should. This really is a great pub. well worth the visit.
wolvesfan - 20 Jan 2016 11:29
Visited early April 2015, I agree with most of the comments here, ie, good beer, nice place, food ok. The one thing that did put me off slightly was that although the (presumed) Landlord and Landlady were polite, a smile would have been welcome. Other than that though, a pleasant visit.
arfajob - 29 Apr 2015 11:11
Excellent pint of HSB, our lunchtime snack was very good and was enjoyed in the rear garden. The garden was well laid out with flowers and other features. We've never been in such a clean and well swept area! The interior was as previously stated, dark with old beams in evidence just like proper pubs used to be. Service was prompt and friendly, a real gem to find - we'll be back!
Feed - 24 Jul 2013 20:31
It is two years since I last reviewed the Old House at Home. After a refreshing walk up the Test Way in the snow we looked forward to renewing our acquaintance. Not a brilliant start as we introduced ourselves. Our table had been reserved for us at 12.30pm even though I told the person taking the booking that it would be closer to 1.00pm before we would arrive. Landlady informed us she could have let our table several times over. Having said her piece she calmed down.

So a quick appraisal is in order. The beer, a good selection & well kept ales. I had an excellent pint of HSB. I also finished my meal with a decent glass of Shiraz. The food is ok, nothing too exciting but then nether are the prices. The staff were also pretty good.

I was not as impressed as on my previous visit. THerefore my rating drops to a 7.5
John.T - 20 Jan 2013 17:04