Mackenzie's, Liverpool - pub details

Address: 32 Rodney Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 2TQ [map] [gmap]

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.3 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.4 miles), Moorfields (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.7/10 (rated by 3 users)

Roscoe Head, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Bar Hannah, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Hard Times and Misery, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Hope and Anchor, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Dispensary, Liverpool (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Mackenzie's, Liverpool

Reasonable - one large open plan area. A few ales on that were okay as opposed to good. They do have a good selection of Scotch (including one that was £14 a shot). Worth a drop in to if in the vicinity.
Snarling_Mallard - 26 May 2018 15:01
Was here last in September, one Saturday afternoon. I've not got much to add from my previous review. But ales on that day were Sharp's Doom Bar, Salopian Sixth Mass & Sienna & Red Star Sandinista. There's so many decent bars in this area. So I do very often pop in to see what is on. It's certainly worth it if in the area.
blue_scrumpy - 1 Feb 2018 17:16
Saturday was my second visit to Mackenzie's. It's a corner pub situated in a good area for ales. It used to be HSBC Bank. Nicely decorated inside, we visited not long after it opened. I'd passed by a few times since. But they'd had no ales that took my fancy. This time though we did decide to stop for a drink, before heading down to the Dispensary. All 5 handpulls had ales - Sharps Doom Bar, Southport Golden Sands, Salopian Shropshire Gold, Liverpool Organic Kitty Wilkinson & Brimstage Trapper's Hat. The Kitty Wilkinson was very nice. The pub was very quiet. There were only a handful of customers watching the football. Although I'd imagine it gets busier in the evenings. Toilets are clean. Worth a look.
blue_scrumpy - 18 Apr 2016 18:57