The Craft Beer Co, Brixton - pub details

Address: 11-13 Brixton Station Road, Brixton, London, SW9 8PA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 44466) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Brixton (0.1 miles), Clapham North (0.7 miles), Stockwell (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Brixton (0.1 miles), Loughborough Jn (0.6 miles), Herne Hill (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.9/10 (rated by 7 users)

Beehive, Brixton (0.0 miles), Ekcovision, Brixton (0.0 miles), Brixton Bar and Grill, Brixton (0.0 miles), Canterbury Arms, Brixton (0.1 miles), Goose, Brixton (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Craft Beer Co, Brixton

The Marmite comment below very interesting. On my first visited really didn't like it. My second visit last Sunday, loved it. Had 5 Blue Monkey Cask Ales on (99 babboons was £4.35), plus three Oakham's. There was a cask cider as well as 20 keg beers (7 house, 13 guest according to beer Menu). May bottles.
Pricing of ales is clearly displayed by percentage, which is nice to see. Friendly bar staff.
Expensive compared to Spoons round the corner, but not really for a pub in Zone 2 next to a major station

southlondonbeero - 5 Feb 2017 10:34

southlondonbeero - 5 Feb 2017 10:34
This is an awkward bar to evaluate,usually they stock wonderful real ales but the seating is as uncomfortable as you could Imagine.It is located just off Brixton Market, I guess it is a Marmite pub,you either love it or hate it. I am not madly keen as it is way too expensive.
slerpy - 31 Jan 2017 11:19
I've just noticed that I seem to have done pretty much the same route as lezford, but one week later. We both went to the Constitution in Pimlico and then the Craft in Brixton on Saturday afternoons! This was the 5th of the Craft pubs I've been to, with only Clapham, Aldgate and Brighton to do (I think). It pretty much follows the same formula as the Cask in Pimlico and the Craft pubs in Clerkenwell, Holborn and Islington, offering a range of cask ales (often focusing on specific breweries), an interesting craft beer selection and a fair few bottled beers. Situated next to the market at Brixton and next to the railway arches, this is a small café-type bar. The bar itself it fairly small and I can imagine the queues to get served in here could be horrific at times. There are a small number of tables and stools downstairs with more seating upstairs, similar to the Euston Tap but without the death-defying spiral staircase. The real ale selection yesterday was Kent Clerkenwell Pale, Porter, Beyond the Pale & Brewers Reserve, Saltaire Citra, Challenger Special, Stateside IPA & Saltaire Pride & Summer Wine Teleporter. Cider was Millwhites Strawberry Cider. The craft beer/cider options were Pheasant Plucker, Lilleys Bee Sting Perry, Cigar City Invasion & Jai Alai, Evil Twin Hipster Ale, Sahtipaja Ich Bin Ein Berliner, Magic Rock Villainous, Brixton Electric IPA, B Nektar Meadery The Dude's Rug Hard Cider, Hammerton Pentonville, Thornbridge Tzara & Chiron, Harbour Pilsner, Rothaus Wheat Beer & Siren Baby Wheel. The bottles are in fridges underneath the bar. Whilst I quite like the variety of ales this place offers, it lacks the atmosphere of a pub. I still prefer the Clerkenwell branch. Just about my favourite pub of the day.
blue_scrumpy - 15 Nov 2015 17:30
My 5th and final pub in one afternoon and it’s this trendy and busy Craft Beer franchise in the middle of Brixton market. Judging by how busy it is it’s obviously the must visit bar in the area as it was rammed at 4.30pm on a Saturday.

8 cask ales, 15 keg ales, 1 cask real cider and 2 keg ciders and a large range of bottles as well. The one thing this place isn’t short of is choice of ale, with a good mix of styles and abv's.

We all this choice I went for a stout type offering Revolutions Brewing Co Manifesto @ 6.0%. A good pint but I should of ordered something lighter considered the weather and the other ales I had drank earlier in the day. Still a very good pint though.

Neatly decorated with plenty of standing and seating areas downstairs. Upstairs there is another fairly large seating area that is a bit quieter than the downstairs bar. There’s also seats outside the front by the market, this was a popular area for the few large groups that were drinking here.

Now I’ve ticked it and know it’s decent I shall return the next time I’m in Brixton for a concert, which shall probably be soon.

8/10 for me and that’s mainly due to the cracking ale choice.

lezford - 11 Nov 2015 09:26