The Compass Alehouse, Gravesend - pub details

Address: 7 Manor Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1AA [map] [gmap]

Nearest train stations Gravesend (0.2 miles), Tilbury Town (1.7 miles), East Tilbury (1.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.0/10 (rated by 11 users)

Pauline's Manor Shades, Gravesend (0.0 miles), D:Ream Bar, Gravesend (0.1 miles), Robert Pocock, Gravesend (0.1 miles), Grapes, Gravesend (0.1 miles), Trocadero, Gravesend (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Compass Alehouse, Gravesend

A very friendly micro pub tucked away down a street not a million miles from the station. Fans of real ale or cider should check this pub out.
Anyone familiar with micro pubs (and there are lots of them in my neck of the woods in E.Kent) will know what to expect.
No bar, the landlord and landlady are present in the main body of the pub offering table service, the ales and ciders are listed on a blackboard on the wall, there are no frills and use of a mobile results in a donation to charity. Quite right too!
The beers on when I was there recently were Titanic Lifeboat, Caveman Cavedweller and a couple of Long Man ales. The Long Man Golden Tipple was excellent!
There are only 4 tables placed in 2 L shapes so as with many similar pubs there is not a lot of room. 15-20 people tops I would guess.
As a bonus you can purchase a lunchtime snack from the small cafe over the road and eat it in the pub. Neither the pub or cafe are open during the afternoon.
I don't travel to Gravesend very often but this place will definitely be on the itinerary on my next visit.

outtamehead - 18 Jun 2016 11:18
The compass is a true micro pub and was the place that I was most looking forward to visiting during our tour of Gravesend.

4 ales on cask. I had the IPA from Brighton Bier @ 4.5% which was good but having had several pints throughout the day I then went onto the bottles. Only a small selection left but they had Tiny Rebels' Urban IPA so that did for me.

Table service which in this size of place works well. Both the husband & wife who run the Compass are very friendly and work well with the loyal crowd that during my visit were made up of groups of blokes and couples.

We stayed until closing, which is 9pm on a Wednesday. The Compass is a cracking place which along with the Rum Puncheon are the best 2 places for ale in Gravesend in my opinion.

I do love a micro pub so this is most definitely on the “to return to” list.
lezford - 10 Jan 2016 17:03
Replica RADIOMIR ORO ROSSO Series PAM00439 Panerai watches - $232.00 : replica omega watches, panerai98.com
rvasherrenda - 14 Aug 2015 11:38