The Jugged Hare, City of London - pub details

Address: 49 Chiswell Street, City of London, London, EC1Y 4SA [map] [gmap]

Nearest tube stations Moorgate (0.2 miles), Barbican (0.3 miles), Old Street (0.4 miles)

Nearest DLR station Bank (0.6 miles)

Nearest train stations Moorgate (0.2 miles), London Barbican (0.3 miles), Old Street (0.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 2.8/10 (rated by 5 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Parker McMillan, London (0.0 miles), Boudoir, Moorgate (0.0 miles), Two Brewers, Barbican (0.1 miles), Barola, Moorgate (0.1 miles), Cuban Bar, Moorgate (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Jugged Hare, City of London

It was once quite an ordinary pleasant place, handy for a pint after work (i worked around the corner about 12 years ago) but is no an overpriced pretentious money trap designed to separate the unwary from their dosh .
ALBEERT - 27 Jan 2018 19:06
would drink in here more often but i cant afford it
becks007 - 27 Jan 2018 15:27
Without a shadow of a doubt one of the worst pubs we have been to in a long time, Usually a beer man, we had two wines - £21.50p! No atmosphere and very surly barmen.
nigelgriff - 8 Jul 2015 11:59
I registered this pub on BITE for the following reason:-

When I visited with a colleague I ordered a drink for her and a gin and tonic for myself, before we continued our conversation at the bar. When I turned to pick up my drink, I realised that some tonic had already been poured in by the barman, and that the drink was extremely strong. I asked if I had been served a double, and the barman said "Yes". "But I wasn't asked if I wanted a double" I protested, to be told, "It's our policy - we only serve doubles". I insisted on only paying for a single, and this was finally agreed to.

What a sharp and shabby practice by managers and staff who have no concept of customer service or retention!
chalkywhite - 24 Jun 2015 19:14