The Grapevine, Exmouth - pub details

Address: 2 Victoria Road, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1DL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 43597) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Exmouth (0.2 miles), Starcross (1.7 miles), Lympstone Village (2.3 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 3 users)

Fat Jax, Exmouth (0.0 miles), Bank, Exmouth (0.0 miles), Clipper, Exmouth (0.0 miles), Remedies Bar, Exmouth (0.1 miles), Pilot Inn, Exmouth (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Grapevine, Exmouth

Still the best pub in Exmouth. Now home to Crossed Anchors brewery. Bitter Exe and 3 C's on recently along with several guest beers from localish brewers. Keeps a selection of bottled beer/lager fro U.K. Belgium, Germany etc.
Food now supplied by Ruby diner. Mostly burgers, but with a great variety of fillings.
captaineric - 16 Mar 2018 16:27
Red brick corner establishment in the centre of town. The interior is a wooden-floored single room. Six handpumps, five ales, one cider. Eight keg taps. The ales on offer on my visit included Jaipur, Oakham Velvet Claws and Crossed Anchors American Pale Ale. I sampled the APA from Crossed Anchors, the in-house brewery. The badge describes the beer as being 'naturally hazy'. The beer was clear, flat as a pancake and not cold enough. I then tried the Oakham Velvet Claws. Not bad, but again not cold enough. I then switched to keg and asked for the Powderkeg Speakeasy (a beer I know to be excellent). This ran out before the barmaid had managed to pull a pint!
Again I find myself at odds with CAMRA, who list this in their lastest GBG. This was only my second visit to this pub (the last was in 2013). What are the chances of me being unlucky on both visits? I won't be rushing back.
holbornboy - 10 Aug 2016 21:33
Ever changing range of ales and cider on the five hand pumps.
Never had a pint that was less than perfect here; in the three years or so, since it reopened. They also stock a large range World beer in bottles.
Good food from a well chosen smallish menu.
Live music on a Friday night and regular acoustic evenings on Saturday.
The charity pub quiz on Monday is also popular.
Best pub in Exmouth by far.
captaineric - 20 Apr 2014 11:01