The Running Horses, Mickleham - pub details
Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4135) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras
- Food served
other pubs nearby:
King William IV, Mickleham (0.4 miles), Stepping Stones, Westhumble (1.0 miles), Smith and Western, Boxhill (1.7 miles), Lincoln Arms Hotel, Dorking (1.8 miles), Edmund Tylney, Leatherhead (1.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs
please note - reviews on this site are purely the opinion of site visitors, so don't take them too seriously.
5 most recent reviews of 61 shown - see all reviews
|Fine restaurant, pub and hotel - under all headings. |
Just shortlisted for a national Best Accommodation award.
In a lovely medieval village, less than 25 miles from London.
wealdman - 11 Jan 2017 16:17
|My wife and I visited the Running Horses on a Friday night (we have been going there for 30 years)|
Apparently it is under new management !
1) they have re-furbished the bar area, taken away the carpets which used to absorb the sound, installed new lights!
2) Lights far too bright !! The pub has lost all it's atmosphere
3) The Brakespeares beer was not up to standard. the beer is very expensive... at least they should try and keep it properly!
4) this pub used to be "buzzing" with people before the take-over, it was half empty that night
5) there was an unruly crowd at the bar, with one of them (with a very loud voice and a large beer-gut to match) swearing in the bar area. This is not acceptable in this country pub/hotel. The bar staff should have asked him to leave.
mhartes - 28 Mar 2015 12:16
|Yes - skips and scaffolding outside. But, its a pity that the owners couldn't be bothered to update their website.|
tempest - 5 Oct 2014 14:36
|Closed for major refurb.|
sussexfox - 5 Oct 2014 13:44
|Went here for a swift lunchtime pint. 5 real ales, the Ringwood I had was lovely. The chips I ordered were superb! Real spuds, nicely crisp, lots of them, a nice big pot of mayo when I asked, piping hot. A nice blazing log fire to sit in front of. Polite attentive staff, as has been mentioned elsewhere, what's not to like? |
DOK - 28 Feb 2014 09:02
see more reviews