The Free Press, Cambridge - pub details

Free Press

Address: 7 Prospect Row, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 1DU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4055) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Cambridge (0.9 miles), Shelford (4.2 miles), Waterbeach (5.3 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 63 users)

Cricketers, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Elm Tree, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Clarendon Arms, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Tram Depot, Cambridge (0.1 miles), Bakers Yard, Cambridge (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Free Press, Cambridge

An Ancient pub which would be very good if the service was up to scratch but sadly they leave a soppy kid behind the bar who wants to be elsewhere doing something other than serve.Low rating.
slerpy - 7 Apr 2017 21:28
A lovely little backstreet boozer in Cambridge, that is a Greene King pub. There was nobody in when we arrived on a weekday afternoon. The pub has 3 small rooms. The snug is tiny. IPA, Abbot & XX Mild are the 3 regular GK beers. Guests were Hook Norton Grey Goose, Wimbledon Windmill Pale, Sadlers Peaky Blinder & Hadrian Border Tyneside Blonde. Old Rosie was the cider. We were soon joined by a couple of younger drinkers who were on the Sambuca! Tempting, but the mild sufficed for me on this occasion. Worth seeking out.
blue_scrumpy - 27 Jan 2017 19:36
Relaxing little pub. Old school, basic decor but clean with good choice of ales. Food superb and great value but thankfully is a side note to the beer.
Muzzy - 4 Sep 2016 11:47
Arrived yesterday lunchtime, seemed to be populated by loud rich student types. Beer was good but at London prices.
Aztecgoat - 26 Feb 2016 10:11
I arrived the other week at 5-30 pm.
As I walked in the five guys at the bar looked at me
with the " you are not a regular" look !

I had to say " excuse me please" twice
before they realised I wanted to get to the bar. !

After I got my London priced pint I went into the other bar
to get away from my new friends, and then I noticed that all the tables
had a sign marked Reserved from 6pm.

So I drank my pint and left at just after 6pm, when only one of the tables had
been occupied. So if its a private club, just put a notice on the front door.
I then went to the Elm Tree
.....which in hindsight is where I should have gone first
Leftinthepub44 - 23 Mar 2015 15:02